Page 916 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 416816866906914915916917918926966 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have almost completely switched to linux, like you, I am a gamer at heart too, and the games on windows I play are too fun to give up.

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Danw12 View Post
    (Previous post)
    Once again my setup has changed, I have two routers running DD-WRT linux which perform various server tasks in my home,

I have my main PC dual-booted (Ubuntu/Win7) and my laptop is windows but has several linux virtual machines which I regularly use. (This includes multiple instances of Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and CentOS).

I have recently fitted a new server in the company which I work - running Ubuntu. The company also have a couple of VPS which are CentOS based (I manage these).

I also have been fiddling with my Virgin Media VBox HD - I'll edit this post with a link to more info at a later date, but these run Linux too!

I have a VPS of my own running Fedora also, and my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android JellyBean, so linux has stepped back in to my life, and is pushing windows out once again! (That's the way it should be!)

Have a great Xmas and happy new year all!
    - Dan
    Daniel Wilson - Principal Technical Architect, Gambit Nash
    Find Me: Blog | GitHub | Twitter |
    Linux user #477108. Machine registration #385379. Ubuntu User #23849.

Beans

If I could get Aion to work on Ubuntu I would completely get rid of Windows. My laptop is completely Linux but Windows 7 is on my desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Post Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have completely wiped out Windows 3 years ago and never looked back. In this year I also gave a try to OSX as I replaced the PCs with MACs, but Ubuntu is just better for me (I can read it's fonts much better). So now I'm writing this from an iMac running Ubuntu 12.10. OSX is however almost equally as good.

Beans

Me I have. Even threw out my windows 7 disks when de cluttering the other day that's how confident i won't be going back anytime soon.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

I haven't (theoretically) used windows since I installed 8.04, but it keeps coming back. Like a bad coin

Im on a Dell right now and it came with an infested copy of XP so it got wiped without regret.

My server Had nothing on it from the start so no problem there, its been pure ubuntu since 8o4.

But now Santa brought me a laptop with win7 on it and even if I don't use it, I can't see just throwing it away so its dual boot for it.

Its like a bad coin I tell ya

Oh yes, and my little android netbook (7"). Handy at the local internet cafe, but spends the rest of its time in the desk drawer.

Beans

One laptop running Ubuntu 10.something, and another laptop and a netbook running Lubuntu (which I like a lot!).

I've partitioned two of 'em to keep Windows available. Sometimes need Windows to edit complex msdos .doc or .docx documents originating on colleague's machines; completely abandoning Windows isn't really an option.

Beans

I'm a dual guy myself. I have a few programs that either have a garbage rating on WINE, do not run well, or have no well-done Linux alternative imo. Those are mostly games, however, with the announcement of Steam on Linux, I may as well go full-out Linux soon.

Beans

A Windows update screwed up my last dual booting machine...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have a dual boot system, but majority of the time use my Linux OS.
    Hello..my name is Nono
    Linux User #415998

Page 916 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 416816866906914915916917918926966 ... LastLast