Page 17 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I decided to quit windows cold turky, I plunged my self in head first, little experiance, I hope to convert pople to Linux, but showing them how easy it is... I still have a lot of learning to do

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darkghost
    Since January 1st 05 no more windows on my PCs. Games aren't so good on linux
    so I simply use my xbox for games.
    Recently I just bought a gamecube for the same reason- that I wouldn't miss windows with my ATI card.

Quote Originally Posted by darkghost
    Multimedia...uhm some problems with mplayer in ubuntu hoary. Installed it from marillat with all the dependencies etc. but when i open a video it hangs there. I use Xine now and no problem...thought I'd like to have mplayer working fine...
    The only way-

http://linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-25783.html

Beans

After playing around with Linux for a few years I have moved as much of my stuff out of XP and into Linux as I can. I bought a GameCube so that I wouldn't need to rely on Windows for gaming. The only thing that keeps me from erasing XP altogether is University stuff (Im a student) and I need VS.Net and Access for a lot of coursework. I do the rest of my coursework in OO.org and Java using Linux. One day I'll be totally free

Beans

There's no Windows on my computer (celeron 400), and there hasn't been for over a year now.

My partner has a windows xp machine. I've tried to convert her to Ubuntu but she doesnt like computers and thats why she sticks with windows.
    The kids (aged 6 and 10) have a windows me and Ubuntu dual boot. Windows is used to play games and they like Ubuntu for instant messaging and four-in-a-row.

I managed to drop windows by just deciding not to use it. I'm not a gamer so it was easy. I instantly began to enjoy using my computer and am learning more every day.

If only it was so easy to quit smoking

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by towner
    I've tried to convert her to Ubuntu but she doesnt like computers and thats why she sticks with windows.
    More like:

"she doesn't like computers BECAUSE she sticks with windows."

Beans

I'm pretty much Windows-free. I use it sparingly. In fact, the only time I use it is to rip songs (=>mp3). I use CDex in Windows because I like how I'm able to select what I want the filename to be. If there were a Linux app that had that functionality I'd use it in a heartbeat.

For example, I like my filenames to be:
    Artist - Album - Track Number with leading 0 - Track Name.mp3
    and I like them to be ripped into folders with Artist - Album naming scheme.

And I'd use .ogg but my car mp3 player doesn't know how to play oggs.
    The greatest waste on Earth is potential unrealized

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adbak
    I'm pretty much Windows-free. I use it sparingly. In fact, the only time I use it is to rip songs (=>mp3). I use CDex in Windows because I like how I'm able to select what I want the filename to be. If there were a Linux app that had that functionality I'd use it in a heartbeat.

And I'd use .ogg but my car mp3 player doesn't know how to play oggs.
    Ripperx for gnome is Ok and it is in the universe repo.

Beans

I've been using linux on and off since 1993/94. Since 2004 almost exclusively. At work I convinced them to give me virtual pc (locked down pc) so I boot into windows and then run linux from there. Home machines are all linux.

Wine needs to run 2 more apps properly and I can ditch windows for good at work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zenwhen
    I haven't booted Windows for four months.

I play UT2K4, Q3, D3, SNES ROMS, and Frozen Bubble. I stay entertained.
    I want to play Counter-Strike on Ubuntu but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to find an installer for Linux.
    Oh yeah, I haven't used Windows since November.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adbak
    I'm pretty much Windows-free. I use it sparingly. In fact, the only time I use it is to rip songs (=>mp3). ...

Check out grip - it allows you to define the naming convention. A bit confusing at first, but feature rich.

Page 17 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast