Page 817 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867917 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by ValerieAnne View Post
    Just switched completely over to Ubuntu 11.04. I was using it on the side with Windows 7, but turned my computer on one day and everything was gone - the OS/Recovery, everything - so decided to just install Ubuntu and it's my only OS now.
    I know exactly what you mean. Did you make the mistake of installing SP1 too? Even though I "needed" Windows for AutoCAD to run properly, I couldn't let a glitch that severe simply slide. Windows had to go.

P.S. Are you installing Gimp 2.7.3 from ppa?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I've been Linux only--mostly Kubuntu and Mepis--since autumn 2007 but have tried other distros as well. On that fateful evening, ran the Verizon security suite for Windows and after the required reboot, XP crashed, blue screen of death and have never reinstalled Windows.

Beans

Maverick > Natty > Aptosid > killing winxp complete > oneiric > kanotix

most of time in oneiric using xfce

cu, stephan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I use Ubuntu and Xubuntu (for my slow old computer). Puppy is nice to grab files from a trashed windows system. I don't play games. I make music, and Ubuntu offers what I need for thousands of dollars less, plus you can do all the normal everyday stuff, and read windows documents people send you, or powerpoint presentations. The only downside is you have to know what your doing, but you can completely edit everything imaginable if you do know what you are doing, very open and free. And I like freedom!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Love this OS! Natty now, had some issues with Video Card upgrade, solved. Use this computer as entertainment center. Use Windows at work. Used Snow Leopard on this computer. Ubuntu works for my needs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by makitso View Post
    My desktop system is 100% ubuntu 11.04. However, my three laptops are all dual boot win7/ubuntu. Sadly, laptop support is not that good, e.g. power problems, wifi, suspend/resume, etc.
    I find laptop support to be pretty good actually. But anyway, I keep windows around for the once or twice a year I need to test software for a customer. But other than that, using windows is never a consideration.

Beans

I have only GNU/Linux on my computer. However I got windows and OS X in a Virtual machine

Beans

Started using Linux in 2000 (Red Hat Guinness & Slackware 7.1 I guess), switched fully to Linux when Fedora / Red Hat merged in 2003 and was also using SuSE or whatever variant existed then (I think that's right because I stopped using it when it wasn't SuSE anymore). Switched to Debian and Debian-based distributions in 2005. Didn't start using Ubuntu regularly until very recently.

I repaired Macs in high school through college (2005-2010 or so) so you'll just have to forgive that. I still never bought one.

Beans

Im using XP as my primary OS couz most apps I use ( and games ofc ) can't run on Ubuntu so its my secundary OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have windows running on one machine just for work use, rest of the machines I have Ubuntu running.

--
    <snip>
    Last edited by nothingspecial; October 10th, 2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: removed email address

Page 817 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867917 ... LastLast