Page 351 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I made the change about two weeks ago. I'm learning something new everyday and I'm loving it. I've never been so happy to spend so much time in front of my machine.

Also, after completely ditching windows, everything just feels so much cleaner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I'm a depressed gay teenage actor.
    That and winvista pissed me off, ran to slow! I liked win2k and win2k3.
    But Ubuntu is what I like best.

Beans

technicaly no, realisticly yes,
    ..games..

Beans

I dual boot with a broken Windows Vista system so now I obviously want to get rid of it but I dont know how to move along the partitions to make it happen...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I first tried Linux back in 2006...but mistakenly went into it expecting it to be too much like Windows. This foray lasted about a month before my frustration got the better of me and I switched back.

Now in 2008, being a couple of years older and a little wiser, I'm now using Ubuntu 8.04 permanently. As has been said in previous posts, it just works...and only minimal tweaking is required. I'm really enjoying the learning curve and am fast becoming a Linux-Preacher to my friends

My Mrs still uses XP to run the virus otherwise known as The Sims. I can't help but cringe every time I see the Windows splash screen nowadays...

I think I've crossed the threshold....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yes, and going on month #2 at the moment. I've always had a Linux box around and have used it for testing and some development, but I could really never break the Mac-habit. However, with money tight and me trying to find ways to force myself not to spend money ... it became necessary.

However, I'm loving it so far. Enjoying tinkering with the system more and more every day. Even bought a used IBM Thinkpad X40 to use on the road!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've been using Ubuntu 8.04 for 5 days and I love it.
    I've tried some other distros, and also 7.10 but there was always something that didn't work.
    I made an error with my first installation of 8.04 and became stuck, but after re-installing from scratch most of it was a breeze -- and for some more complicated problems I got real good help in this forum and on the Ubuntu pages.

I'll probably never return to Windows except for helping old, stubborn friends.
    If it works, FIX IT! (Bill Gates)

Beans

I use OS X most of the time, windows about 30 mins a day through virtual destop pgm, and use Ubuntu for like an hour a week - also through virtual dsktop through my OS X.

Beans

I started first with Knoppix 3.(something), Then installed Musix, them Ubuntu 6.10, and since then, im constantly and explicitly on Ubuntu dist.Use Win never again.
    I say this only as timetable example.
    My curent setup is 8.04, and i'm doing extremely well.

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

If it was for me and I had a computer powerfull enough(4 procesors, 3 video cards, 8 gigs ram... 1 tbhd) I would have virtualbox windows working on one workspace,. mac on otehr and linux on other 3... buy the program to convert XP drivers to linux and then I would be done

Changed visual studio for netbeans java... almost all programs I used had replacements in linux...
    but still have some hardware, games and programs that require windows

Page 351 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast