Page 401 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    You use BSD?
    Well yea PC-BSD but I switched back to ubuntu because
    1.My god it looks ugly
    2.Feels ugly
    3.Feels bloated I thought it was meant to be fastish.
    4.Hate kde, heard installing gnome wouldn't be a good idea?

Beans

i made the total switch last week. had known and read a bit bout linux for a couple of years... when U 8.10 came out i ordered the CD... got excited and ended up downloading and just removing Windows the same day

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I first started tinkering around with Ubuntu about a year ago. After a few month hiatus, I was back at it again. And just this past weekend I ended up making the switch entirely and deleting windows from my computer.
    Pain is Temporary, Quitting Lasts Forever

-Lance Armstrong

Beans

I just switched over to Ubuntu exclusively this weekend. Started out with a broken laptop I fixed and got to keep. Installed 8.04 on it and liked it alot, so I dual booted it on my main box. Messed around with it, liked it even more and figured the best way to learn at a faster pace was to remove the Windows "safety net." Only drawback I have is owning a zune and playing a few games that I already have running great with WINE. The zune situation is my next mission. I don't want to get rid of it because, believe it or not, I actually like it. Some research and patience will decide its fate.

Beans

I'm a Linux-only man mostly, though I dual-boot with a stripped XP "just-in-case". But I always boot into my heavily-customised Ubuntu/Mint combo, so I'm pretty safe in saying I've made the switch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Okay, I feel like a bad person but I did not completely switch until I was finally able to play Guild Wars on wine with no hitches.

The funny part it that now I don't even play GW anymore really.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Guys, I really want to change and use UBUNTU clompletely without windows xp. But I have a little problem and perhaps, there is some there to help me. Here are the specs of my laptop:

Laptop Model: Acer Aspire 4330-592G32Mn
    (http://www.acer.com.ph/notebook.php?pkey=123)

Processor Type: Intel Celeron M 575 (2.0GHz, 1MB, 667FSB)

Chipset: Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
    Memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM

Video Type: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1759 MB of Intel DVMT 5.0 (64 MB of Dedicated Memory, up to 1695 MB of Shared Memory )

56K Modem and Gigabit LAN
    Wireless LAN Built in Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wireless (Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter)

Card Reader: Built in 5 in 1 Card Reader
    Built-in Camera: Acer CrystalEye Webcam

Here are my problems that I really cannot solve why:
    1. If I play a movie or a music with the use of visualization, my laptop FREEZES including the DVD player and all programs running, but except the mouse.
    2. My wireless LAN does not function.
    3. Mic does not function.

Please, anybody can help me how to update or install drivers for my laptop? If all these things functions, I will completely switch to UBUNTU... Why not?

please help!!!

Thanks in advance
    Need BloggerVince's Expertise???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Since February I have completely switched to Linux and never want to go back to Window$. I use Ubuntu (now 8.10). I use OpenOffice as a replacement for MS Office. Most Windows only games are playable thanks to Wine.

In the past I experimented a lot with the first versions of RedHat Linux but those versions were too complex for most daily tasks. Nowadays Ubuntu (and other Linux versions) are much more userfriendly.

Linux isn't perfect but I certainly don't regret my decision: no more viruses, a stable system (no more infamous "blue" Windows screens), free software, ...

Beans

Thumbs down Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Since 7.04 for me.

Beans

I started with linux 2 years ago, and my pc is windows free since 7.04, only 3 months transition, really i needed to know gnu/linux
    mujeres y hombres de esta tierra
    un otro mundo es posible
    otro mundo diferente
    justo si, y sin miedo de su gente

Page 401 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast