Page 352 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Well, I use Ubuntu, CentOS and Windows. I use windows for that which I cannot due in Linux, and same around the table. The programs I use in windows for work is a homebrew program made specially for our company. Honestly, that's bout all windows is used for now. I still say Ubuntu looks and works better anyway!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I used Vista for a few things while at school but linux has been my main os for over a year now. Planning on reformatting the HD for an all linux partition with the Intrepid Ibex release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I switched to Ubuntu 8.04 in the past week, because I was having too much problems with Windows XP and 2000. Now I don't want Windows on my PC anymore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm not going to ever completely switch to linux. I love ubuntu. But the fact is I can't do everything I want with it.

Such as... Video editing, gaming, learning about ccomputer repair.

Please don't bash me about this but I am a big fan of Windows. I was very happy with Windows (after the first day... I was an early adopter and the driver I had for my computer didn't work until window's update fixed it.) I find Windows Vista is a good os.

I use linux for learning programming, messing around, fooling around, having fun , making documents, editing photos, youtube, and more.

Beans

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    Same Here
    Main OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Laptop: Linux Mint (Cinnamon)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just moved completely a week ago.

Getting everything I want working is a bit tricky but it's worth it. I'm totally ahead of the curve now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Two reasons I am still using XP,

1. I am new to Linux and just getting to grips with it.
    2. I cant get WOW to work correctly on it, but I think this is just the ATI card, so that should be an easy fix.

But I do intend to go completely Linux.

WHOO my first post

Beans

I started using Linux (Red Hat 9) back in 2003.

It'll be one year of non-stop-Linux-use for me in september I'm using Xubuntu 8.04. Just started downloading 8.10 alpha3.

Last week I had a network problem on my brother's computer (he still hasn't seen the light), so I had to use Windows on-and-off during a whole week. Awful.

I'm happy to be back full-time in Xubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had Windows on two computers: work-desktop and work-laptop. I dual-booted for a bit with Ubuntu Fiesty and XP. Then I upgraded to Gutsy and about then work bought me a new laptop. It came with Vista and that was around the end. I had to remove Vista from my comp. One of the guys that works for me in the office has to keep Win and I removed it from my computers. I've never looked back.

We use CentOS for our server, which is fine, I guess.

I am pretty sure WINE is less buggy than Windows. Far less complicated.
    "If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I switched my laptop to ubuntu from Vista about 2-1/2 months ago. The only things that I can't do are Visio and Enterprise Architect (from Sparx Systems). Don't miss Visio, really miss Enterprise Architect. I could run EA under a windows emulator, but no real point. There is a project in Eclipse to build a requirement management system, including use cases and other UML.

Converted my kids and my wife to ubuntu about 2 weeks after I went live. I'm toying with the idea of converting one of my clients.

Hated the brown theme, so I'm using the Nimbus theme, which is much more pleasant to me. Highlights one of the advantages of linux - if you don't like something, the chances are pretty good that it's easy to change.

I've just set up an ubuntu glassfish server. Haven't played a lot with it, but it does work.

I haven't missed windows at all (other than the occasional Visio and definitely EA).

Page 352 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast