Page 763 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773813863 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've been completely using Ubuntu for about 6 months now. It is fabulous. One by one I've been saving my computers with a sparkling clean install of the latest release!

Beans

Switched to dual boot Linux and windows in 98. in 2000, strictly linux, as I never used windows. Have been on Ubuntu since Warty Warthog. Currently running Lucid on 64 bit machine, 2 monitors. Shutdown is about 12 seconds, and start from power on is about 1 minute 15 seconds. Like that speed! Cannot remember the last time I froze it, but was doing something stupid in about '04. I do have VM on here and can get to XP, but that hasn't happened for a couple of years.
    I like the fact that any installation of software requires a password from me to install.

My $.02

Tony Olsen

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

not much hd space, so I never went dual boot. started using ubuntu last 2009, then a brief switch back to Win7, then back to linux since march 2010 until now.

mm... I also have chuck running on vbox for my networking club training

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I pretty much don't use windows unless I have to. I mostly use Ubuntu or Mint,(sometimes puppy linux too) and as a last resort I boot up windows, for hardware that hasn't gotten linux drivers yet, or for some commercial programs I need to use, that have to Linux alternative -- yet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I just the other day completely over to Ubuntu 10.10. Im a gamer, but i just got so tired of my XP portion crashing and being painfully slow! So i did it! And im loving it!

Beans

I've been almost 100% Linux for two years now. I will occasionally switch to Windows to bridge a desktop I'm fixing to the wireless. Recently I followed a TI calculator programming guide and had to use Windows temporarily (I later found a compiler that works with Mono). CHKDSK has corrupted the drive so many times (surprisingly bad, even for Windows) that I mostly gave up trying to use Windows at all.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

the only windows computers in the house are my moms and sisters, and even they are dual booted
    If at first you don't succeed, try until you bleed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i completely switched to Linux - but i bought an xbox for gaming. so, it's kind of a draw.

Beans

I have been using ubuntu 10.10 (my first linux os) foe about 2 months now, and absolutely love it! its great. unfortunately i have a photography class this semester of high school, and we have to use xp. i now know why people go away from microsoft, its to slow, and looks awful.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spookiedoom View Post
    i completely switched to Linux - but i bought an xbox for gaming. so, it's kind of a draw.
    Think this is the way forward for gamers.

I would love to go 100% ubuntu but video editing/playback keeps me goin back to Win or my MBP.

Just ordered an Acer Revo3700 to run Ubuntu and XBMC as a HTPC.

Page 763 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773813863 ... LastLast