Page 458 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Use 100% Ubuntu
    HDD 120GB
    Ram 1.5G

Not even a single windows partition...
    2 grown up for games
    to advanced for any windows program

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have two computers, a reasonably new desktop (with a dual core processor, 2gigs of ram, decent Geforce graphics card etc) and a net book (Asus eee pc).

A couple of years ago I tried Slackware on an old computer and just got really confused and lost then gave up on it. Around October last year I started reading about Ubuntu in PC magazines and decided to try it out on my secondary spare Hard Disk. I liked it so much I shrank the Windows partition on my main disk and now dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. I then put Ubuntu EEE onto my EEE PC.

The reason I need to keep a version of Windows on my desktop is for Adobe Creative Suite. This is the main set of programs I use at work, and on the rare occasion I might be working from home or altering something to take to work the next morning – I need access to Creative Suite. However, that is extremely rare and may only happen once in a couple of months.

I stopped using my PC for gaming over a year ago as I got tired of having to keep upgrading to be able to play new games to their fullest. Instead I just bought an Xbox 360.

So, if not for Creative Suite, I’d be able to switch 100%!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hey,
    I have 3 computers, all of them are Linux only, one with suse 10.2 used as a mythtv server-recorder with three sat tuners. Another pc has ubuntu 8.10 and is mainly used as a mythtv front-end and is connected to a projector. My main computer is core i7 based and is used for the usual stuff plus a lot of encoding to h264. I am several months windows unchained now and I see no reason to go back. Good video editing software is the only thing that is lacking. Soon I'll give Cinerela another try.
    I became a real Ubuntu adept. Under the dust I have a extremely old laptop with W2k and a floppy drive just in case of a barrier but the dust gets thicker every day.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have 2 computer, One has Linux only (Open Geu). And the mine has Ubuntu 70% and Windows.. for games, Guitar Rig, Photoshop, no more.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have 3 computers. My desktop and server are running Linux, and my laptop is running WinXP. I am a computer programming and still have to write code for Windows, so I always keep a Windows partition around.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans

I have been back and forth from ubuntu to winxp for some time I duel boot right now mostly for my wife's games and some of miner like domo and flyff once that's are fixed my windows partition is at least going to shrink and I recently fixed my mom's pc with ubuntu found it in the trash filled with viruses and such only problem is it has a cheap graphics card so it is stuck in 600x800 I think a little annoying I have used vista a little and its almost as if they tried to copy ubuntu's security but once you log in you have sudo all the time just have to click okay no password so no need to think but I think that is what windows is about you don't really need to think till you need to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

For the first time I used linux when I was studying in college. At first using linux seemed very tough... So I swithched back to win xp. After getting my own computer, I tried couple of linux distros. Nothing satisfied me. (Perhaps I dont even know the basic linux commands.) Finally I found ubuntu and I completely switched to ubuntu on 2007. I am happy with ubuntu/linux. I can do all sorts of my day to day work with it. But still I am using windows xp in my office... (They dont allow me to install linux...) When I am in home, I am using only linux eventhough I have dual boot... (My friends use windows for some reason)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Red face Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by poomalairaj View Post
    For the first time I used linux when I was studying in college. At first using linux seemed very tough... So I swithched back to win xp. After getting my own computer, I tried couple of linux distros. Nothing satisfied me. (Perhaps I dont even know the basic linux commands.) Finally I found ubuntu and I completely switched to ubuntu on 2007. I am happy with ubuntu/linux. I can do all sorts of my day to day work with it. But still I am using windows xp in my office... (They dont allow me to install linux...) When I am in home, I am using only linux eventhough I have dual boot... (My friends use windows for some reason)
    Haven't you got some sort of problems ....

Will you please tell us the hardest problem ever got and the softest problem too...
    Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming. - Brian

Beans

I did, twice ...
    First time was "unintentionally" as I thought I backed-up XP to another disk, but that didn't work so I was left with only Kubuntu...
    But after awhile I decided to install XP back, mostly to get as much "money" (I did pay for it) out of it...
    But recently I updated my XP to 7 and since then I'm not using Windows no more. I go check to see how 7 looks, but I'm 100% Kubuntu...
    But if I'll have impulse for playing games that Wine dosen't support like total War series I'll use Windows again.
    Just hope that my W7 key won't expire before that (though I do have another one LOL)...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Primož Papič View Post
    I did, twice ...
    First time was "unintentionally" as I thought I backed-up XP to another disk, but that didn't work so I was left with only Kubuntu...
    But after awhile I decided to install XP back, mostly to get as much "money" (I did pay for it) out of it...
    But recently I updated my XP to 7 and since then I'm not using Windows no more. I go check to see how 7 looks, but I'm 100% Kubuntu...
    But if I'll have impulse for playing games that Wine dosen't support like total War series I'll use Windows again.
    Just hope that my W7 key won't expire before that (though I do have another one LOL)...
    Nice...
    Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming. - Brian

Page 458 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558958 ... LastLast