Page 911 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 411811861901909910911912913921961 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I made the switch

Beans

apart from school i use Ubuntu and have done it for 2 months now and loving it "because dancing paper clips and solitaire aint a good OS"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I stick with Windows actually, mostly because of compatibility reasons.

A lot of people think that just because I'm a huge supporter of Linux I hate Windows, but that's false. I like both, and it's just a matter of what fits my needs the best. Windows works better with my desktop because I like to game, and not many games I play are supported by Linux. However, if I wanted to make a server system or an unconventional device , I'd choose Linux due to it's versatility.

Beans

I started with Linspire in 2002. Within a year I trashed Windows and have been 100% Linux since on my wife's and my laptop and 2 desktops.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I installed Ubuntu first time maybe 3 years ago. But my Wlan didn't worked and without Internet is Ubuntu difficult. I tried it several times and thought I'm stupid that I can't get it run. At that time I didn't know all the problems with drivers.

Two months ago I bought 3TB HDD which XP doesn't support any more. So I bought additionally a new wlan card and since then I have no need to use XP except for some applications I'm still looking for alternative under Ubuntu.

I had already for long time the intention let run XP as long as it is working and then switch over. I like Ubuntu very much and am surprised how good it is running.

Actually I'm using Linux at work for 5 years (SUSE) but there I haven't to care about the installation and administration things.
    Last edited by doja; November 25th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

I did, dual boot 10.04 with Win XP for 3 months and realized that I only logged into Windows for may be three times and everytime got bugged by AV updates and Windows updates which shut down the machine. Moreover I realized my total Lucid install takes about 60G with all the data and a complete desktop (I installed a lot of stuffs that I didn't end up using) but XP was also 60G with only a few programs and a fraction of the data files. So I wiped it and no more Windows except in VB (but seldom use)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Completely switched here. Exorcised OSX from my laptop @ home a few months ago and already have my eyes on exorcising Windows from the hardware at work. In fact, I already feel like some sort of Linux Street Preacher. O.o ^.^
    Last edited by lisati; November 27th, 2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error for "Windows"

Beans

I switched my 7yr old DELL laptop first to Ubuntu in 2011 using 10.4 (it now has 12.4LTS) then two home PC's one DELL the other Compaq. Today I helped my 10yr old daughter install 12.4 on an eMachine laptop that has Windows7.

Beans

Apart from my old 486 that I keep around for nostalgia reasons, I haven't used any Microsoft OS on my own machines for at least 4 years.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I currently use Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 at work. Windows XP on my Desktop at home, and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my Laptop (New to me, might switch my home desktop once I'm more comfortable with it.)

Page 911 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 411811861901909910911912913921961 ... LastLast