Page 976 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 476876926966974975976977978986 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I use Ubuntu for everything. However, I still keep Windows on my computer to remind me why i like Ubuntu so much.

True. A lot of popular games are only for Windows. I do mainly puzzle and card games. So no gaming problem for me.
    Last edited by bapoumba; April 10th, 2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Smart edit.
    Live long and prosper . . . or at least simulate adequate conditions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've responded to this thread before, but long ago.

I have my 10 year anniversary using Linux as my primary OS, in October this year.

I still use Windows, because my profession has software which is Windows only and WINE doesn't suffice. The software itself is time-based (income tax preparation. Software is updated regularly and every year it becomes obselete) and WINE would never bother.

For some months my laptop (Windows 8) and desktop (Windows 7) have been Windows free, in that I've installed a Linux distro and Windows hasn't been bootable. I could have fixed that, given the motivation, but haven't, until recently. I admit that I wanted to fix the Windows boot for several reasons, but haven't really needed to.

At work, everything is Windows, and I can't change that, but I so prefer my Linux. Dual-boot is my preference at the moment, just to have Windows available. If I wasn't doing tax/accounting, I'm pretty sure I'd be 100% Linux.
    Linux Registered User #401979
    Ubuntu Registered User #14181

Minds are like parachutes, dangerous if kept closed!

Beans

just 2 window boots over last 2 months.. if only excel macros ran on ubuntu.. and broken cross disk manager in full functionality .. long live team ubuntu..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Years ago!
    Robert K. Tompsett Registered Linux User 499013
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    ICBM Address 42.23N,-85.89W (EN72bf)

Beans

I finally dumped Microsoft completely and switched to Linux. I started playing with Linux about 4 or 5 years ago and finally decided to make the switch. I have 2 Windows programs that I still run periodically so I use a Windows 7 Virtualbox to run those programs. I am so happy i made the switch.

Rod

Beans

I'm getting there. The only thing that was keeping me in Windows were a few Windows-only graphics programs (RAM hogs so not sure that a VM would work), and, of course, my ipod touch.

But I've wiped out Windows and installed the latest Ubuntu (14.04.1). My goal is to either get the ipod touch working, or find an android ebook reader that fits in a pocket.
    So, I'm really hoping that I can finally go 100% Linux soon! It's going to feel so good to finally ditch Microsoft once and for all

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

14.04.1 is not the latest, 14.04.2 is. If you are dealing with Apple stuff I recommend the latter or even better the almost-released 15.04.
    Hardware support has improved a lot lately.

If you still have problems with 15.04 it's best to search the Apple forum.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    14.04.1 is not the latest, 14.04.2 is. If you are dealing with Apple stuff I recommend the latter or even better the almost-released 15.04.
    Hardware support has improved a lot lately.

If you still have problems with 15.04 it's best to search the Apple forum.

Sweet. Thanks for mentioning this. If I can get my Ipod Touch 4th gen to work under Linux, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Running 100% Linux for 10+ years now, no windows at all
    for iTunes I us OSX in Virtualbox
    for some MS documents, with macro's I sometimes use MS-Word in wine, but using Libreoffice in 99,9%

Beans

I deleted wwindows from my pc in 2006, and I've been without windows until few weeks ago, when I had to buy this damned laptop wwith win8.1

Page 976 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 476876926966974975976977978986 ... LastLast