Page 971 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 471871921961969970971972973981 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,710 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

started this month and never ever look back

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I still have my now 4 year old MacBook Pro. Everything else is Linux -- Home server, work server, multiple desktops.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am ubuntu all the way! Recently moved from linux mint to ubuntu and it is so much better for me.

Have not had a windows based pc for a long time and would never go back to the dark side

Beans

I still use VirtualBox-Win7 to run PaintShopPro and Excel.
    Nothing to touch the old PSP for editing large images.
    LibreOffice Calc's translation of .xls format for embedded charts is hopeless.

Beans

Ubuntu run on VMPlayer with unity enabled. It's part of my windows PC now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I switch to linux everyday Dual boot LOL

Windows is for games and Linux is for my productivity for getting things done

However, that is also slowely changing cause many games keeps coming out with Linux compatibility. Including popular games on Steam and BIG games like iRacing, etc etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Switched 5 years ago completely for Home and other personal User, however in Office I have to use Win7 , give me a choice will switch it also to Ubuntu
    After Endless Roots and Hackintosh, I have stopped flaunting my Medals. That doesn't mean I don't like the fight; but I do for the Kick of it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs up Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I LOATHE Windows!...
    so, I've almost washed my hands of it.

But first I have to get more exp w Ubuntu 14.4. since I'm sort of a new user and geek-less, but not afraid of CLI... (Got PepperFlash to get me sound on YouTube in Chrome Browser.)

Two or 3 other things to fix first:

~Winretricks to run Photoshop CS2 but get

"Error occured while loading archive" and must fix. (Using P Shop for 20 yrs and dislike The Gimp.)
    ~After trying this, my sys is running very slowly.

~Want to fix broken repositories and PPA's, but cant find exact code to do so, because the trouble with Linux help is overkill.
    To find fixes for the above problems, there are thousands of answers near but not on target,

and god help you if you repeat a question.

Other than that, so long Gill Bates.

Last edited by phedup; January 14th, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

1-15-15 update

My Dell Inspiron laptop with Win Vista just died. I take this as a total "Good Riddance to Windows" message from God. Windows no more!

derida

Beans

When Windows XP came out I was tinkering with my computer. They had this crazy online activation thing that sounded kind of sleazy. After changing some hardware on my computer it wanted me to activate again. Then I got a new video card or something and again activation. Well, a few times doing that and it wouldn't let me activate anymore, I had to call Microsoft. After calling MS the first thing they asked is why I was activating Windows again, what was I doing with MY computer. At that point I lost it, cussed out the MS shill and made a frisbee of my Windows XP CD.

After that I installed RedHat 6.0, then Mandrake, then I was stuck on Slackware for awhile, then Debian for a long time, Suse (before it was OpenSuse) and now Ubuntu.

I have gotten so used to Linux that I just can't stand using Windows, and Windows 8 is just a mess. Now it looks like Windows 10 is going to have even worse privacy policies while still looking ugly as sin, so Windows is dead to me.
    Ubuntu 16.04 x64, Core i7 4770k, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia Gtx 650, Sandisk Extreme 120 SSD.

https://reddingcomputer.wordpress.com/

Page 971 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 471871921961969970971972973981 ... LastLast