Page 961 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961962963971 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,610 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Haven't fully switched to Linux, but not a MS or Mac OS in house or work since 2010.

Currently we're mostly Ubuntu and FreeBSD with a few Fedora and PC-BSD. (Android for tablets)
    I won't purchase a PC with a MS license, it costs/limits me, but I'm old, cranky, and its a matter of principle.

And gaming works well mostly. I play Eve Online and Forsaken World, both work well enough, but I seem to be stuck on low Shader quality.

I've got the grandkids on Ubuntu and Android. My kids cling to MS mainly because of their work.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I was introduced to linux in late 1999 but (now ex) boyfriend, and never looked back. Now and then I get frustrated when services I'd like to subscribe to do not support linux or when I something doesn't work on my PC, but the case is very rare.

first I had Debian, installed, then XFCe which I kept for a very long time and really liked and now xUbuntu for over 5 years now I believe. I'm faithful that way.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Beautymist View Post
    I was introduced to linux in late 1999 but (now ex) boyfriend, and never looked back. Now and then I get frustrated when services I'd like to subscribe to do not support linux or when I something doesn't work on my PC, but the case is very rare.

first I had Debian, installed, then XFCe which I kept for a very long time and really liked and now xUbuntu for over 5 years now I believe. I'm faithful that way.
    +1 and Welcome!

Beans

I've been Windows-free since 2008

Beans

The main reason why I keepnW7non my old Dell is because of my Galaxy S4, I like AirDroid but Kies Air loads my music & pics better. I remember Kies Air for Linux but it is long gone, I use Zorin OS now it looks and feels like W7 or XP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm not sure when I switched to ubuntu. I guess around my registration date here so in November last year.
    I just think it's cooler. That's about it
    I like doing things by myself.
    On Windows you don't have to do anything to launch a program. Here it is not always easy.
    I guess I looked for a challenge and I found it.
    Also I am not a gamer. Never played anything on PC, just on my PS3.
    Windows won't be missed.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06 Dapper

I support windows and Linux machines for income, but do not use windows directly on any machine i use to administer windows. Been that way for over a few years. On Windows, takes way too long to install, configure, install third party apps, and keep them up-to-date. apt and yum is fricking awesome ... RIP Seth Vidal. Another reason is that i have given up on paid-for support for closed source software ... i like being able to talk developer-to-developer in forums, chat rooms, bugzilla... as it is more efficient and effective.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At last I gave up my windows 8 installation completely and switched to linux completely. Don't think I will miss something, probably only some games but I'm positive that the situation with gaming on linux will soon improve much.

Beans

I haven't used a windows pc of my own for many years. There is a mac here that I use once a year to run "tax cut" but otherwise I do everything every day on Linux.

Beans

Switched completely to ubuntu. I have a weak machine with a large hard drive for backups running ubuntu 12.04. Erased my power machine (after using ping to preserve win7). Installed Ubuntu 13.10. Use playonlinux to play Starcraft 2 (runs great) and Diablo 3 (voices talk real fast but game is playable.) Wondering how it will work when Reaper of Souls is released. Still haven't been able to get Civ4 or Civ5 to work.

Page 961 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961962963971 ... LastLast