Page 951 of 967 FirstFirst ... 451851901941949950951952953961 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 9664

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

  1. #9501
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Beans
    0

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    I switched to Ubuntu in 2008, and almost all of my personal computing is done on it. I have XP on virtualbox because of Netflix and a test engine that I still use, but other than that its all Linux, all the time.

  2. #9502
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Beans
    513
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgdean View Post
    I switched to Ubuntu in 2008, and almost all of my personal computing is done on it. I have XP on virtualbox because of Netflix and a test engine that I still use, but other than that its all Linux, all the time.
    Look at:
    Netflix in Linux:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post12744837

    -- L. James

    --
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

  3. #9503
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East Molesey (where?)
    Beans
    61
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    I have to use a Vista PC to update my Garmin Satnav maps - otherwise I only use Ubuntu....

  4. #9504
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mystletainn Kick!
    Beans
    4,156
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Sakura_ View Post
    I decided to leave this forum.

    1.Nobody says 'thank you'.

    2.Most people leave the thread open-ended and it is impossible to tell whether the solution works or not. It is not really that useful.

    3. The moderators should make people confirm whether or not a solution works.Open-ended threads are no help to anybody. Actually, it may suggest that there is no solution, when really there is.

    There are other Linux forums which are more helpful. I still think Linux Ubuntu and its children (Xubuntu etc) are very good.

    I know that this may be censored. I just wanted to you all know what I thought of the forum and why I am leaving. I have deleted all by answers to people's queries, because nobody says thank you. If people cannot say thank you, why should people bother.
    That's not true.
    I get thank you's all the time, and I greatly appreciate it.
    I don't always respond though.
    But it doesn't bother me when someone gets an answer that helps them and they aren't thanking those who help.
    People have lives and, normally, when someone needs help, it is because they hit a wall.
    When the solution comes, they can go past the wall and continue with what they were doing.
    I've been in desperate situations before and know full well what it's like and sometimes proper behaviors can go out the window.
    So I can sympathize with someone in that state.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful
    .

  5. #9505
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gnome12o4/LXQt14o4
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    That's not true.
    I get thank you's all the time, and I greatly appreciate it.
    I don't always respond though.
    But it doesn't bother me when someone gets an answer that helps them and they aren't thanking those who help.
    People have lives and, normally, when someone needs help, it is because they hit a wall.
    When the solution comes, they can go past the wall and continue with what they were doing.
    I've been in desperate situations before and know full well what it's like and sometimes proper behaviors can go out the window.
    So I can sympathize with someone in that state.
    Thankyou for that deadflowr

  6. #9506
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Beans
    4,899
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    That's not true.
    I get thank you's all the time, and I greatly appreciate it.
    I don't always respond though.
    But it doesn't bother me when someone gets an answer that helps them and they aren't thanking those who help.
    People have lives and, normally, when someone needs help, it is because they hit a wall.
    When the solution comes, they can go past the wall and continue with what they were doing.
    I've been in desperate situations before and know full well what it's like and sometimes proper behaviors can go out the window.
    So I can sympathize with someone in that state.
    Once upon a time, this forum had a thanks button.
    I guess people abused it.
    I still miss it.
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

    "Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

  7. #9507
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mystletainn Kick!
    Beans
    4,156
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Thankyou for that deadflowr
    Yer welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome1232 View Post
    Once upon a time, this forum had a thanks button.
    I guess people abused it.
    I still miss it.
    People love pushing buttons.
    At least I do.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful
    .

  8. #9508
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Beans
    1,092
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    People love pushing buttons.
    At least I do.

    That can be interpreted two ways....LOL

  9. #9509
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mystletainn Kick!
    Beans
    4,156
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    People love pushing buttons.
    At least I do.

    That can be interpreted two ways....LOL
    I can swing it both ways.
    But in this case, it's about actual buttons.

    Edit: Back on topic, I booted windows yesterday for the first time since June, so I'm just about 90+% Complete Linux at this point.
    Edit the edit: I forgot I have an ipad, so my usage of linux is somewhat slightly less than complete as I thought.
    Last edited by deadflowr; September 29th, 2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: dementia
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful
    .

  10. #9510
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Greece
    Beans
    78
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

    Linux is at most complete solution, but games and some hardware such Canon are not compatible
    I hope soon hardware manufactures fully support linux
    WordPress Greece | Sign up for @copy with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=LkAsvd
    <?php adopt or die ?>

Page 951 of 967 FirstFirst ... 451851901941949950951952953961 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •