Page 934 of 967 FirstFirst ... 434834884924932933934935936944 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 9664

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Unhappy Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    I agreed with you... i think the main reason why some people (and me) still hard to switched totally to Linux, because game. If more game companies and developers (especially huge and famous companies like EA Games) support and make it for linux version too, i'm sure most non-linux users will be changes to linux.

For example, android... most people loves android because it so many application and games developers support it... People don't care about the os either (if i'm not wrong, android based from linux, right?) and and Windows phone os still behind android...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I LOVE ubuntu 12.10, I use it for everything:

firefox - browser
    kdenlive - vid editor
    gtk-recordmydesktop/ffmpeg - screencasting
    gimp - 2d art
    blender - 3d art

But sadly I have a dualboot with Windows 8, I only use it for iTunes though.

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

iamkuriouspurpleoranj, many people tried and is not stable, search and you will see the comments and results...

Beans

I did for a little while a few years ago but it's too much of a pain to not have all the mainstream apps Mac OS X has available.

Beans

Did a couple of years ago, never looked back since. I'm lucky enough to also run Ubuntu at work.I don't like Mac OS at all , and Windows 8 is not for me. I like to have the power beneath the hood that only linux can give. That said, i have a virtualbox with XP at work for some office compability.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Internet explorer
    Games
    MS Office.

I am very sad.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeehyun View Post
    Internet explorer
    Games
    MS Office.

I am very sad.
    You owe it to web developers everywhere to ditch Internet Explorer Anyway, it's not like it offers anything other than brand familiarity.

As for games on Linux, please buy the games there are and be vocal about using them. This will increase developer interest and ultimately the range of games available.

Beans

I have been using Linux based systems since Fedora Core 3 was released. Ubuntu is definatively what I prefer but I wish they would still support Gnome 2, not MATE. o.O I can now use Steam natively, prefer gaming under it as Linux systems are faster and alot of games use native libraries like sdl & opengl and since I could care less about having to pay for some things and enjoy protection, I can use Symantec End Point Protection natively as well, fully licensed. I do use Windows 7 Ultimate but that will cease when most of my games are ported. I also have iTunes, which the movies and a number of albums are encoded still. When I can comfortably say "OK, enough is enough" I will quit using the "Doze".

Beans

I do still have a Windows Intel i7 laptop but that's just for Unity3D. If they ported that to Linux (which might happen - you can export your games to Linux at least) I'd never use Windows again. I have Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit on a little Samsung N120 netbook and Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit on my main desktop (Quad core AMD, 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD Nvidia Geforce GTX 680) and my home server runs on Fedora 17.

I'm a pretty big gamer too but with Steam just being released and the games on the Ubuntu Software Center, I'm all good

Beans

Except for flight Simulator I have made the switch a few months ago.
    Love it.
    Wife is not good at change in her life, so a Win box stays just for her.
    Installed 12.04 on my son's old laptop, where it works flawlessly, gave it back to him and within an hour he told me to keep it as it wasn't "fluffy" enough.. whatever that means.
    So, now I have a nice laptop.

Happy Camper here

Page 934 of 967 FirstFirst ... 434834884924932933934935936944 ... LastLast