Page 925 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 425825875915923924925926927935975 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I may be fairly new, but I tried Ubuntu for the first time last year, unfortunately that went south because the laptop was too old to handle anything modern at ALL. But I love Linux, and I love the communities like this one for Ubuntu, and the fact that you all drive it to make being a Linux user smoother to the new look and feel. I HATE windows now, the only reason I might use it on a desktop as a dual-boot, is because I haven't had time to convert my girlfriend xD I completely left otherwise.

Now I just want to find a section here that could point me in the direction for learning my terminal and linux enough to use other distros that require manual setup, like Backtrack or some of the Red Hat distros. I have been giving them all a look around

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I haven't given up neither Windows nor Mac OS X, but I'm working on turning my MacBook Pro into a triple-boot system >3 I feel so...so...power-mad! MUAHAHA!

Unfortunately, I just installed Ubuntu Studio OVER my fresh install of Windows 7...*sob*

I do use only Ubuntu on my old HP Pavilion desktop...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I started now with UBUNTU STUDIO and flushed away the damn thing called microsoft windows !
    Last edited by DjRadu; February 4th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Finally switched to Linux a few weeks ago.

Pretty much nailed all the things I like to do after a 3 or 4 year play period.

KDE (Kubuntu) is pretty sweet for the way I work on my desktop computer. I'm no gamer, but everything else I could do on Windows I can do on Linux, but with the added benefit that all my software updates without me having to intervene at all.

I've got a retail package of Windows 7 sitting on the shelf and to be honest that's where it's sitting gathering dust. I have no need to install it especially as the start menu is so messy, it loves to create icons everywhere and leave files when you try and get rid of things with applications needing singular updates I can't be bothered with it then Windows update makes you re-boot when it wants. Registry editing makes you feel all computer geek, but I'd rather have a GUI button to press.

Linux saves me time and enables me to have fun using the computer.

64 bit Linux has come a long way so it's now viable and faster than 32bit with pae. Most web pages use html5 so even if flash was not to work most websites would work anyway.

Beans

completely switched with my 2 machines at home, after 2 yrs I started using ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

100% Ubuntu as of Sept. 2009.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Angry Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

100% Linux household -1 Ubuntu, 2 Kbuntu and 1 Android tablet BUT, just refurbished a friends machine with 12.04LTS and cannot view YouTube video nor HULU videos... @#$%^ Embarassing after a tremendouse "build-up" --supporting LINUX (Ubuntu in particular). What I am finding so far --as far as updating Adobe's SWF is their 404 error page when attempting to fix the problem.

I can view Hulu's stuff, YouTube's stuff on the Kbuntu machines but the Ubuntu boxes (mine and client's) will not. Although the problem seems to be an Adobe Problem... Seems to me that Adobe/Ubuntu/Canonical should have, would have, enough clout to force Adobe to G.T.S.T. in a more timely manner.

Beans

Ubuntu 12.10 on one PC and Ubuntu Server 12.04 on the other. I have gpm, sc and bsdgames with Tetris on the latter. It's almost like having X.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

100% Linux for a while. I'm a Microsoft Tech and Network Administrator so I am stuck using Windows at work :@. At my office I use an iMac, which I love. Home, all I have is Ubuntu! Enjoy coming home every night to work from here

Beans

100% Linux too. At least at home
    Ubuntu and Xubuntu are my love, I used Kubuntu for a while but for some reason it don't fit to me so I stick with Ubuntu.
    I don't hate windows anyway but I still prefer Linux.

Page 925 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 425825875915923924925926927935975 ... LastLast