Page 923 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 423823873913921922923924925933973 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,230 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Arrow Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I completely switched to Linux around a month ago after using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for around 4 months.

I tried other distributions over the space of a few months due to recommendations from a work colleague, but I always went back to Ubuntu.

Can't really say I have missed Windows at all...

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanist View Post
    I hate Window$. I hate Micro$oft. I am so utterly over supporting and putting up with their crappy products, crappy ecosystems, and hatred of openness and progress.

The only reason IE6 wasn't the last IE as they claimed it would be was because Firefox threatened their market share. They are an abysmal company.

Don't get me wrong: Apple is every bit as bad. But they're a bunch of snobby elitist fools, so they've never managed to dominate markets like Window$ has, largely mitigating their threat.
    Ditto! Liberated from the bondage of Microshaft since 2002.

Beans

I got rid of window$ about 2 months ago when I finally made the decision to stop playing WoW. Since it was the only thing that I used microsoft for, there was no justification for keeping the partition.

I get my gaming fix with the EA browser titles mostly. The only things I really miss are the Age of Empires titles (0ad in the repos is ok but...)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by davidvgregory View Post
    I got rid of window$ about 2 months ago when I finally made the decision to stop playing WoW. Since it was the only thing that I used microsoft for, there was no justification for keeping the partition.

I get my gaming fix with the EA browser titles mostly. The only things I really miss are the Age of Empires titles (0ad in the repos is ok but...)
    Some modern titles do work well in Linux, though. I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online in Wine on Xubuntu, and it runs great--minus that awful hiccup that occurred for a month or two when Turbine released a major expansion/upgrade.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by davidvgregory View Post

WoW happens to be one of the titles that worked nearly flawlessly in Wine fyi.

As a side note, Blizzard announced they are planning a Linux title for 2013 O.O
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jerome1232 View Post
    As a side note, Blizzard announced they are planning a Linux title for 2013 O.O
    Nice. They stand to make a lot of money by porting to Linux but most commercial game developers seem to think that the porting / distribution overhead will be greater than the revenue it generates. It'll be cool if someone can prove them wrong in a big way. That just might provide the impetus to take a huge bite out of Microsoft's home-use market share.

Beans

I am a complete Ubuntu user, but have dabled with other linux distros, Bodhi linux being my favorite besides Ubuntu.

I am able to use wine to do SOME gaming, but the available library has expanded quite a bit as of late, so I don't even worry about the gaming issue to much as of late.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by trubble View Post
    We have moved every machine in the office over to Linux Mint except for the machines that need to use Livezilla (doesn't work in Wine grrrrr) and Endicia's Dazzle (almost works well in Wine).

The machines running Linux run unquestionably faster, are so much more secure, and literally maintenance free. As said in the other posts, Linux just works.

The machines still stuck with XP for the reasons mentioned above had of course 12+ security patches yesterday that had to be run, taking the machines offline.

Once we can move the last 2 windows only programs off of windows, we'll be 100% Linux -- and we can't wait!
    I would switch this very moment if I could find away to use my Endicia Dazzle and get drivers for my Zebra LP-2844 printer. If ever find a way please tell me how and I will compensate you for your effort.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

Nope. I still use UNIX.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by addinall View Post
    Nope. I still use UNIX.
    I couldn't get anything done in UNIX, so I use in GNU/Linux instead.

Page 923 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 423823873913921922923924925933973 ... LastLast