Page 919 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 419819869909917918919920921929969 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,190 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by jeehyun View Post
    In my country, all the important public service support only IE.
    E-banking, E-shopping(not like ebay, amazon), E-government, E-court only available on IE.
    Even legal multimedia download service too.
    100% people use windows now.
    Mac users must install windows for that public service.
    So I must use windows too.
    I installed vmware player on ubuntu for windows xp.
    It's annoying.

But Ubuntu will be my main OS.
    I don't want to buy new OS license any more.
    It's too expensive.

What country is that, if I may ask?

Beans

south korea.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am Linux novice and have used Ubuntu since 10.04 . I use Windows only for my Garmin GPS .It is easy to use Ubuntu not being a nerd

Beans

Have tried to switch completely. I still have a lot to learn. Example software update for my a***oid only comes in .exe format. I'm not sure how to run the update of a .exe file in Linux and install in a rooted phone. So much can be done with Linux it will take a while.
    The up side is I have the oldest pc (9+ years)in my family, of which there are many as I am a Grandpa. Mine is by far the fastest. Love it!

Beans

After seeing the weirdness of windows 8 and the vomiting that occurred after using it, the furthest I will go with windows is XP SP3. Other that things like netflix, I will never use windows for anything that I don't have too.

Even then, that virus they call windows will be kept in a virtual machine on my Ubuntu machine.

Poo poo on windows. May your malware proliferate, and your hardware fail...

Beans

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've been using Linux for quite awhile with Ubuntu on my laptop but for the longest time I ran Win7 on my main desktop rig. I just recently built a new desktop and decided to run Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and virtualize my old win7 desktop. So now whenever I need windows for something if for some reason it won't run in Wine, I load up my VM and boom, I have windows again. Plus, the wife still needs it for her school web applications that require Internet Explorer (gag).

But yea I guess as of a couple weeks ago, I'm pretty much all Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Switch from Windows 8 to Linux. Am I alone?

Well my moms friend who thinks he knows everything about computers decided to upgrade her laptop to Windows 8. I have been getting non stop questions on how to do things because of the fact that windows 8 doesn't have an adequate tutorial. So I explained to her how Microsoft will not likely be going back to the way old things are and in a while Windows 7 will be unsupported. So I switched her from Windows 8 to Linux. Then I decided I might aswell switch too, Haven't used it in a couple years. So has anybody else here switched from Windows 8 to linux? What are your reasons?

Beans

I switched our household over to Ubuntu exclusively midway through 2012.

I sometimes load up a virtual machine with Window$ on it so that I can use Rosetta Stone (language learning software) or Maple (algebraic manipulation software). I have stopped gaming temporarily until Valve releases all their games on Linux (i.e. when they release their Steam Box with Half-Life 3 on it).

I hate Window$. I hate Micro$oft. I am so utterly over supporting and putting up with their crappy products, crappy ecosystems, and hatred of openness and progress.

The only reason IE6 wasn't the last IE as they claimed it would be was because Firefox threatened their market share. They are an abysmal company.

I will be required to code exclusively in C# in Visual Studio for the next 2 years of my degree, because Micro$oft has bought off my university. I am going to kick and scream the whole way.

Don't get me wrong: Apple is every bit as bad. But they're a bunch of snobby elitist fools, so they've never managed to dominate markets like Window$ has, largely mitigating their threat.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Switch from Windows 8 to Linux. Am I alone?

i switched during the age of vista (ubuntu 10.04)
    i run xubuntu now (12.10)
    my custom setup:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=175
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

Re: Switch from Windows 8 to Linux. Am I alone?

I switched when I got fed up with where I saw Microsoft going with Windows 7 (i.e. I switched in 2012). I should have switched earlier, but I was lazy. I had previously used Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04.

I have heard of many people like you, who have switched to Ubuntu after having tried the trainwreck that is Windows 8.

Well done! Drop by any time you have some questions. Linux is different to Windows and there will be a learning curve at first - as there was the first time you ever used Windows. Don't let it put you off and we're here to help.

Page 919 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 419819869909917918919920921929969 ... LastLast