Page 913 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 413813863903911912913914915923963 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I recently bought a new System76 Lemur Ultra Thin (lemu4) notebook PC and I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit last night. I made the switch from an ASUS N61JV-X2 notebook PC with Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1. I strongly prefer GNU/Linux and Ubuntu in particular. It's much easier to learn how to use and there's a lot less troubleshooting and fewer problems to deal with so long as you don't try to change core system functions or files too much. Ubuntu Forums helps a lot to try to figure out the solution to a problem or to get more opinions about trying a particular solution before committing to it locally. The thing that I like about Ubuntu 64 bit GNU/Linux is the fact that it is such a huge base of users worldwide and it is very easy to install and to use on a daily basis. I would say that Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64 bit is more features rich since I have it as well, but it is more difficult to learn how to use. It's not intuitive. Ubuntu is intuitive. It's also prettier than Windows 8. Ubuntu is sleek and modern looking and it is still easy to learn how to use. I chose Ubuntu because it is one of the most secure GNU/Linux distributions that still makes accommodations for user friendliness and usability. I like to upgrade to a newer version for free every 6 months in April or October of each year. It keeps things fresh and interesting. One of the best features about Ubuntu is how little you need to modify the default installation to harden it so it is more secure. The basic security guide is sufficient for most average home desktop users like myself. There's no need to go overboard with security. The opposite is true with Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. I find that I had to purchase a lot of software security products to harden it because it is a big target. Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit is a lot more secure than Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. Both are lightning fast, but I give the nod to Ubuntu for speed and performance.

I'm going to be life long Ubuntu GNU/Linux user. I will continue to use Microsoft Windows and Office products in the future, but they will be limited. Ubuntu helps me to stay secure and productive while keeping me entertained with fairly rich multimedia premium content. It makes my life much better and more enjoyable to use Ubuntu. It's like a drug except there's no side effects and it's not fatal.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@Welly Wu

I agree with you...

But with Ubuntu workarounds workarounds workarounds for simple and basic things...

Flash Support, Mobile application like KIES Itunes, Adobe CS Suite, Office 2013 ( can never do things with Libreoffice as it seems to be buggy) Video tearing issues etc.. puts me off to completely switch to ubuntu...

And now I have removed Ubuntu completely after using it for a month (Sep 2012) I planned installing it after a long time to see how it is I think after 2009..but disappointed

Now I'm very happy with Win 8 and Office 2013 (Both I got for free like Ubuntu.. u know how )
    Last edited by krishna.988; December 7th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by krishna.988 View Post
    And now I have removed Ubuntu completely after using it for a month (Sep 2012) ...
    Why do you hang out on an Ubuntu forum

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Trammer View Post
    Why do you hang out on an Ubuntu forum
    Trolling. Check the post history, almost all his/her posts are about how Windows is better and they are almost identical in content.

Beans

^ Steve is that you? (krishna.988) stop promoting windows 8 well any how valve are moving to Linux (gaming ticked) and Ubuntu for android is coming so start walking or running windows is doomed and is there going to be a new windows OS? heard they are stopping with 8

Beans

I want too but until I can play most of the games on it, I won't be fully switching over. Would love too though, really would.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by verzx View Post
    I want too but until I can play most of the games on it, I won't be fully switching over. Would love too though, really would.
    Steam to the rescue!

Beans

It's about 2 years i use exclusively ubuntu on my desktop, subnotebook, and recentrly Nexus 7 is in test.

No problems at all.
    I play too. a Windows game. Eve Online with the help of wine 1.5.18.
    Perfect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

For my laptop, YES! Xubuntu all the way......
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans

I just installed Ubuntu 12.10 two nights ago. I've always heard about it but I've never looked into it because the name just throws me off. I have a Dell Studio of 4 years that has Windows Vista. I just got really tired of all the freezing and lagginess of the OS. I went to BestBuy's website and was browsing through some laptops, all the new ones come with Windows 8. As I was reading the reviews, one of the ones I read spoke about how much they disliked Windows 8 and replaced it with Ubuntu 12.10. I decided to look it up and to my surprise, I took a test drive and turns out I really really liked it. I've completely replaced my Dell Studio's OS with Linux Ubuntu 12.10. I do have another laptop with Windows 7 on it but I don't have problems with it so I'm going to leave that one alone. I am happy with my new OS on my Dell Studio laptop! I was this close to trashing it too! LOL! I guess Ubuntu saved my laptop. Now, I have to learn the ropes on this OS in terms of doing more personalized things with it. And that's why I"m here in the forums.

Page 913 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 413813863903911912913914915923963 ... LastLast