Page 912 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 412812862902910911912913914922962 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I just about switched, pretty much. Need to get a web connection of my own, a bigger hard drive, a DVD burner, and more RAM for my computer, and I'll be completely switched over.

Currently running Ubuntu 12.10 with Unity on an HP Compaq dc5750.

Beans

My main (previously gaming) Desktop is 100% linux. Use it as a server for all my housemates (couple terrabytes of videos and music) and general use. This thing is a monster. My laptop however is on win7 because I need something to run traktor and maschine on, and even in virtualbox it never seems to run as smoothly as I’d like (and when performing, crashing is NOT an option. That'd give me and linux a bad rap).

Beans

I switched around 3.5 years ago. And now when I have to use windows once in a while for work, I connect to windows servers with rdesktop, and do my job. Most of the time, I hate my life when I have to do anything at windows.

Only thing I enjoy is Microsoft Office, it is way better than libre or open office(well, it is commercial, and hugely funded, that's normal)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Thumbs down Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Haven't had Windows on my PC since 2005.....been a full time Linux user since then. I have to use Windows at work though sadly.
    Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson
    *Psilocybin is the one drug you have to justify not taking!*

Beans

I am working to eliminate "windows" with exception of my house and cars where they are useful.

Long live UBUNTU!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Haven't had a Windows host for ~10 years. I keep a Win VM for the occasional times when I need to use native MS Office at home. Otherwise, linux does everything needed for family, school, business activities.

Beans

We completely eradicated all ms software from all of our computers last century, probably '97 or '98. Absolutely no regrets. We started out with Red Hat box sets before dsl was available in our area, and we were still using dialup internet service.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hello. I' m not that much of a gamer now (currently 24 years old) but I' ve found they are some nice time-killers (and some great games my laptop cannot run, yet :haha: ) in here.

I would' ve switched completely if not for my wife who is not nearly as geek as I am. I' ve tried to stick her into this, but could not drag her to the great gate Mr. Torvalds opened us.

But, I would still recommend you to switch 100%. If you are a gamer at heart as you claim to be, I bet you will find more than one interesting game.
    Last edited by ivotkl; December 1st, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn.

Beans

i am trying to completely switch over but my college program is windows based and focused. they only support helping you if you use windows, i find this extremely annoying so i have my laptop dual booted for the time being.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I do not game (unless you count Tetris ), but my 2 laptops and desktop are all Linux.
    ---------------------------------
    I'm a n00b...... D'OH!!!

Page 912 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 412812862902910911912913914922962 ... LastLast