Page 911 of 967 FirstFirst ... 411811861901909910911912913921961 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 9662

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertinsky View Post
    Since the nVidia drivers are crap and cause full system lockup I don't see totally switching to Linux ever happening unless we get some real support from nVidia.
    What kind of card do you have? I have never had that happen with 2 different cards ?

I'd be curious if there was another culprit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I did. I own 2 laptops that both runs only Ubuntu.

My MacBook Air solely runs Ubuntu 12.10, while my Lenovo X220 runs Ubuntu 13.04. Linux is a convenient system to immerse in programming anyway.

I enjoy running Linux because of the community aspect of it. I can't help but feel glad that not only the software I run is free, but it's also maintained by faithful and true volunteers.

Beans

I made the switch

Beans

apart from school i use Ubuntu and have done it for 2 months now and loving it "because dancing paper clips and solitaire aint a good OS"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I stick with Windows actually, mostly because of compatibility reasons.

A lot of people think that just because I'm a huge supporter of Linux I hate Windows, but that's false. I like both, and it's just a matter of what fits my needs the best. Windows works better with my desktop because I like to game, and not many games I play are supported by Linux. However, if I wanted to make a server system or an unconventional device , I'd choose Linux due to it's versatility.

Beans

I started with Linspire in 2002. Within a year I trashed Windows and have been 100% Linux since on my wife's and my laptop and 2 desktops.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I installed Ubuntu first time maybe 3 years ago. But my Wlan didn't worked and without Internet is Ubuntu difficult. I tried it several times and thought I'm stupid that I can't get it run. At that time I didn't know all the problems with drivers.

Two months ago I bought 3TB HDD which XP doesn't support any more. So I bought additionally a new wlan card and since then I have no need to use XP except for some applications I'm still looking for alternative under Ubuntu.

I had already for long time the intention let run XP as long as it is working and then switch over. I like Ubuntu very much and am surprised how good it is running.

Actually I'm using Linux at work for 5 years (SUSE) but there I haven't to care about the installation and administration things.
    Last edited by doja; November 25th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Beans

I did, dual boot 10.04 with Win XP for 3 months and realized that I only logged into Windows for may be three times and everytime got bugged by AV updates and Windows updates which shut down the machine. Moreover I realized my total Lucid install takes about 60G with all the data and a complete desktop (I installed a lot of stuffs that I didn't end up using) but XP was also 60G with only a few programs and a fraction of the data files. So I wiped it and no more Windows except in VB (but seldom use)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Completely switched here. Exorcised OSX from my laptop @ home a few months ago and already have my eyes on exorcising Windows from the hardware at work. In fact, I already feel like some sort of Linux Street Preacher. O.o ^.^
    Last edited by lisati; November 27th, 2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error for "Windows"

Beans

I switched my 7yr old DELL laptop first to Ubuntu in 2011 using 10.4 (it now has 12.4LTS) then two home PC's one DELL the other Compaq. Today I helped my 10yr old daughter install 12.4 on an eMachine laptop that has Windows7.

Page 911 of 967 FirstFirst ... 411811861901909910911912913921961 ... LastLast