Page 910 of 968 FirstFirst ... 410810860900908909910911912920960 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,100 of 9679

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Only Ubuntu since Dapper. My first linux was Red Hat 5, then Suse, Mandrake, Progeny ...Ubuntu is my main and only OS.

Beans

I'm all Linux unless you count some android devices, which are only linux by the skin of their teeth. They are certainly not GNU/Linux, in any case.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

Other then at work..... I just don't touch Windows anymore. I Went from dealing with Windows (From Work Groups to Windows 7 ) to Mac laugh all you want... Holes, poorly written software and closed OS's brought me to the http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=popularity I am now running Ubuntu KDE Plasma and I love it... It comes with a price of leaning some commands, doing things somewhat differently, researching options, and ultimately at least in my case I have a system that is stable customized ... You can run Windows and Linux, you can run Windows apps or even Windows with a VM or Wine

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I have a totally fanless 20 kg desktop PC which I bought in 2004, AMD 64 bit processor with Windows XP (running good). My fanless power supply unit did not want to start my desktop any more. So for some months I used my already 5 year old laptop with a Intel celeron M430 processor with MS vista. I could remember it was very very bad, the MS vista was always horrible slow on the laptop, so I figured out this year, that I need to deactivate the windows search service, so it was faster. But the past years were anyway horrible with it, so I searched and looked for lightweight Linux, and found Lubuntu. I am using now Lubuntu, Windows only for 2 things - the software for my Canon EOS is only for Windows and MAC, and another special software which is only for Windows. I am very happy with Lubuntu, I can adjust so many things.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have completely switched to Linux once, but now I have completely switched back to Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Tibuda View Post
    I have completely switched to Linux once, but now I have completely switched back to Windows
    Hi Tibuda,

Why ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Resistent View Post
    Hi Tibuda,

Why ?
    It works for me. To each their own. For some people it is ubuntu, for some it is not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This thread was started in the Warty Warthog days. Nine years ago.

edit: whoops, I mean Eight years ago.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Now that I have everything working that I need, I am completely converted to Ubuntu, well Lubuntu, well, kindof... I start with Lubuntu because I don't need/want everything with Ubuntu, then I installed what I did want. Anywho, I think it's time to change my signature thanks soley to this forum because I can now do everything I used to do with Windows and more and faster!!! It took many months but I now LOVE Ubuntu!
    Give yourself 6 months and you will love Ubuntu too!

Beans

Since the nVidia drivers are crap and cause full system lockup I don't see totally switching to Linux ever happening unless we get some real support from nVidia.

Page 910 of 968 FirstFirst ... 410810860900908909910911912920960 ... LastLast