Page 907 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 407807857897905906907908909917957 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,070 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by ba5tian View Post
    Just moved over to Ubuntu last week but virtualize windows seven in virtualbox, so i can carry on playing dota. Still need to figure out how to install warcraft in Ubuntu under wine.
    I did the same think more than couple of years ago. I still have WinXP and Win7 in virtual machines, just in case. But I find it, that I use them rarely these days. I guess I'm getting used to Ubuntu and Linux in general more and more...
    But still, at work I have to use Windows...
    Registered Linux User #534948

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have completely switched away from the NSA operating system .

Beans

I can't quite claim to be a total switcher yet but this morning i moved my Windows7 system into the basement and brought up my U/box.

My new ASUS PA248 monitor (16:10 format ) came late yesterday so I decided to do the change-out this morning.

so, as of this morning I regard myself as a Linux/bunter user.

at least mainly, and certainly in the spirit.
    Last edited by mike acker; October 23rd, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Now moved all house machines to Ubuntu, including a Macbook 13". No more Windows.
    I still use a Macbook for meddling around, but cannot see a situation where Windows returns...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My last bit of Windows was on my laptop. My desktop is Ubuntu 12.04. Well, sort of. Actually Pear Linux 6, an Ubuntu based distro I've grown to truly love. My laptop has SolusOS 1.2. So all instances of Windows are now out of my personal life. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the computers at work!
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I have a desktop at home used by me and my wife without problems since 5-6 years with Ubuntu (Gnome-shell). We have no reasons to use Windows.

Beans

My Toshiba, which I bought just over a year ago, had its HDD drive slow down so bad, that it was unusable. I had Geek Squad do a check and it appeard the HDD had some sectors go bad. Well, I tried a restore, from the hidden partition, but. . . no go. I had bought a 1 TB HDD and I installed it and loaded 12.10. I will not go back. There is nothing in windows I need.

Beans

I dual boot with windows XP and Ubuntu 12.04. If Linux would run my IRIScan scanner
    I wouldn't need windows.

Beans

I need to learn wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

For several months I was using strictly Ubuntu 12.04 on my one desktop until I bought a laptop preloaded with Win 7. I use the laptop as my HTPC connnected to my TV and it works very well using XBMC. I tried setting up a Ubuntu partition on the laptop with XBMC but I couldn't get my Harmony remote to work (works with Win 7) or Sound to come out of the TV speakers. I am sure it is probably due to my own ineptitude but I eventually gave up and erased the Ubuntu partition on the laptop.
    I continue to use Ubuntu on my desktop and doubt I would go back to Windows.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Page 907 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 407807857897905906907908909917957 ... LastLast