Page 891 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 391791841881889890891892893901941991 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,910 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I switched to ubuntu since around the date I joined this forum. That would mean 6 years, great stuff.

I think I wouldn't have done it without virtualBox, at least in my first years. It is now owned by the sleaxy, anti-foss company, Oracle, but really, it is such a great tool.

I am having issues lately getting used to windos 7 when I am left at computers that only have it installed. So many things with it don't make sense!
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans

I personally have both. I boot win7 almost exclusively for a few games (Killing Floor, F.E.A.R. series, etc), otherwise I'm always in ubuntu, it's just easy and fun and fast.

Beans

I switched completely two weeks ago. Works really good!

Beans
    Hidden!

I completely switched 2 years ago and haven't looked back for the most part. That's not to say I haven't paid twice, on two different occasions, in the past 2 years to "upgrade" to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit edition. However, I've been Ubuntu'd for the whole time.

Some of the time I've dual-booted between MS and Ubuntu. I stayed at Windows as long as I did because of an excuse I've read here at least a hundred times. Gaming. Then I came to the realization that I didn't game enough to warrant keeping MS around, so off it went. This XPS 15z purchased in Feb came with Win 7 Home Edition 64bit. After being sure everything worked fine with Ubuntu, Windows was quickly removed! (Besides, some good Linux games are out there if gaming truly is your thing...)

For what I use a computer to do, Ubuntu far outperforms Windows in any of it's iterations! That said, I'm just a lowly home user. I don't work so my only use is what I do with it at home. Pictures, music, writing, and maintaining jedsdesk.org. For the pic's, I mean the ones I take and then manipulate in some way to make it aesthetically prettier, and for music, just listening and organizing my rather large collection of Cd's and DVD's, and as to writing, well who among us doesn't want to be the next Samuel Clemens? Surfing the net, reading and sending email, all the little things we do daily with our pc's.

Ubuntu has all the tools for me to do all of the above, as well as, allow me to indulge my tech self with a better set of tools with which to control things down to the system level. My photography jones is also well supported by Ubuntu!

I worked in the computer tech field for over 25 years, and only wish I'd completely switched sooner!

Jed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I've been going between both windows and Linux Mint 12 for some time now. There's just some things I want linux to do but it just can't so I try to at least keep a windows partition on my computer.

Some day I might make the jump from my window (Pun intended) To freedom!, I just don't know when I'll feel 100% comfortably switching.

Beans

The moment I learned to use wine to play video games I dropped Windows. I was running world of warcraft and black ops at full video settings flawlessly. This was around two years ago when I still gamed. "It just works", for everything.

Beans

I don't want to ever use windows anymore. Linux is the best.

With Playonlinux I have installed my favorite games and graphics programs which are no longer supported by windows!

I am overwhelmed at the possibilities. I regret not studying more programming, as I see all the development tools.

I am very frustrated as manuals are not simple enough for me, and I can't seem to get help, as few know Linux. Manuals are never understandable, they are written for those who already know what they are doing..

I'm self-taught in HTML, visual basic 6, used to write assembly code for commodore 64!

I can't install any hardware with the control panel or anything... The machine always asks for a file with a different extension than what I get on downloads. I can't get started to learn perl because I can't make the simplest perl examples run.

I love Linux, but I can't figure it out without enough help to get me started....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use mostly Linux. But because of FlightSim X I also run win 7 on my MacBook in bootcamp.
    Stationary runs Linux and XP, second laptop runs on Linux, and so do my acer aspire one.

Linux is smooth, and works great!

Beans

Right now i am completely dependent on Linux but it wasn't my choice.

I had two drives one with windows and the other Ubuntu, the 1TB drive i used for Windows crashed two weeks after warranty ran out. Being unemployed it is kinda of stuck that way for the moment.

No major complaints. Ubuntu is smooth as hell and does almost everything i want it to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've used Linux/Ubuntu for 3 years now and love it but alas I'm still shackled to Windows and see no way out:

1. Can't find any income tax software
    2. Netflix only works on windows

Page 891 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 391791841881889890891892893901941991 ... LastLast