Page 876 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 376776826866874875876877878886926976 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by esantidp View Post
    A live CD is my choice when recovering data from damaged XPs, Vistas and 7's. Linux is the best when doing servicing and when you're into DIY.
    I've actually found that the best live CD for working on broken Windows boxes is the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (also known by its grammatically-challenged abbreviation "UBCD4Win").

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I no longer need it for work or studying so I've completely turned my back on Windows and installed 12.04. Yes Windows scrubbed up well in places but I'm not missing it. 2 weeks and counting.

Beans

I've been using Linux full time since 2005 and tried others on and off since about 1999.
    Windowz is really no competition to Linux and I've helped many people switch over to or at least consider Linux as an alternative OS.
    I do keep a version of XP Pro which came with the box but hardly use it anymore . It's a Virtual Machine anyway so it runs on top of the Linux machines using them interchangeably.
    Simply put, the versatility and capability of what you can do with Linux has kept me sold even if it is free.
    Favorite distros:
    Pure Debian - Aptosid - Knoppix - Back|Trak - Kubuntu

"When you don't have walls you don't need Windows"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been using ubuntu since 2009 and since 2010 I completely switched to Ubuntu. This year I give Kubuntu a try and I'm loving it.

Beans

I have first met with Linux in 1999, Suse Linux, and loved it. It was difficult times and installation of a graphic interface was not easy.
    I am actively using Linux since 2005 and switched completely to Ubuntu since 2008. Since then I am a great supporter and promoter of this OS, especially Ubuntu, but not an active contributor to community.
    That, is about to change...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu has been the only OS on my personal laptop for about 6 months now and all of my needs have been met, granted with some tweaking here and there. I can't speak for when I start university in the fall, I may end up buying Windows 7 eventually to dual boot with Ubuntu but I absolutely love Linux!

Beans

I begin with Ubuntu I don't remember when, but I don't use only Ubuntu, I must offer assistance for Solaris and RedHat too and sometimes for Windows (!!!)

Beans

1. Do not even remember exact time of switch to linux.

2. Do not even use wine. If the software is not working under linux it is just ignored.

3. Had problem to fully switch due to Adobe programs but Scribus solved this issue very well. Even I would buy now Adobe software for linux Scribus will remain as first the choice for DTP/vector.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Started with linux a good while ago (I think I tried Dapper, but didn't really use it until Edgy, but memory fades) and was dual booting until about 2008. Was exclusively Linux until just this year, when my wife broke me down to get a Mac.

But I don't use it much. Can't figure out what the fuss is about. And I can't remember the last time I needed windows for something.

Use a lot of android though (Linux, but not GNU/linux)
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”--Oscar Wilde

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I switched completely on Linux some years ago.

Page 876 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 376776826866874875876877878886926976 ... LastLast