Page 849 of 977 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851859899949 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 9761

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Have run a flavor of linux for 12 years (Ubuntu 10.04lts now) I use it for everything from POS, cctv, 3d milling, 2d engraving and all the regular desktop stuff. I have one BIG server and run 5 thin clients with LTSP (HP gt7725) works like a charm no maintenance to speak of.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlmd View Post
    im no longer linux user i removed linux from all my machines
    and now im windows only user to me there is no purpose for continuing with linux

in fact this post maybe the last post in this forum
    it was good forum i enjoyed my time

see you maybe in another world
    Unfortunately, the penalty for apostasy is severe.

Beans

Let's see. Between my house and work I have 5 machines: 2 Windows 7, 1 Vista, 1 OS Lion, 2 Linux (1 - Ubuntu and 1 Backtrack).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've been running Maverick Meerkat for about 18 months now.

I have three computers, and by operating systems, they are Maverick Meerkat, Maverick Meerkat/Hackintosh, (laptop), and Apple Snow Leopard 10.5.8, having dumped all windows variants completely!

I've found Maverick, to be very stable on my Dell Dimension 3000, and, on the Novatech Laptop, (there are the 855 video driver problems that cause very minor glitches but nothing serious), the Dell has no issues whatsoever.

I have found that I can do all of the main things that I have a computer for, just as easily, if not easier, using Linux! And without the usual 'Windows Problems'!

I discount the inability to sync my phone to this version of Evolution since I don't need to do that.

I tried to upgrade to Natty, but sadly my older machines won't support it!

Regards

Terry M

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I switched to Ubuntu in 2006/2007, I knew nothing about dual booting then so just formatted my HDD and did a clean install of Ubuntu. The learning curve was fairly steep in the early days , but due to my hatred of Wind*ws , I stuck with Ubuntu.

Nowadays I run 10.04.3LTS and also have a partition with 11.10 on it which I have altered the default desktop environment to the MATE environment.

Also play around with other distros in Virtualbox and use it as a test environment for modifying Ubuntu before committing changes for real to my main system.

I would never ever return to Wind*ws as there is no need, everything I want to do , I can do with Ubuntu.

The other major benefit of Ubuntu is the existence of this forum, a single resource where solutions and advice are given in a friendly and straightforward manner.

Beans

at home 100% at work partly, still need windows for some office tasks. All Servers ar 100% Linux as well.

Beans

Linux on my laptop for surfing the web, programming and do almost everything i do daily. On my desktop is windows 7 only for gaming

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

For a first post this thread seems as good as any.

My old, old, old, etc., motherboard took a crap two weeks ago so I replaced that along with the graphics card, RAM, and PSU. I started it up and it booted Windows 7 but ran into problems (I'll spare the details.) I then decided to try just starting fresh by doing a clean install of Ubuntu 11.10.

Needless to say, holy crap I'm never going back.

I also laughed when I realized the "Ocelot" moniker. Couldn't help but think of Archer and Baboo

OH MY GOD look at his spots!
    Last edited by matbluvenger; February 14th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Beans

Games and psychology (lies) are the only things keeping Windows alive right now.

Beans

Yesterday was the big day for me, removed my Windows 7 installation and installed the newest Ubuntu on my desktop.

I used to have Ubuntu and W7 on dual boot, but decided I just better switch to Ubuntu completely, since that's what I wanted all the time already.

The only thing that I will miss of Windows would be that all games and software could run on it, although Wine does an excellent job at that with Linux.

Page 849 of 977 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851859899949 ... LastLast