Page 843 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 343743793833841842843844845853893943 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,430 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by cl17g View Post
    I found a good compromise with Ubuntu + Xfce. However, this seems to work with my 32-bit laptop, but not with my 64-bit home computer. Or, at least, I could not find 64-bit Xfce.
    I think you can get it here: http://download.cnet.com/Xubuntu-64-...-75312545.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thumbs down Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

i did delete windows yesterday, dont need it, i have everything i need in ubuntu now so, i did change completely
    Ubuntu since 6.04 <3

Beans

Ubuntu 11.10 only OS on my laptop. Desktop has Windows for Autocad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by cl17g View Post
    I'm not using Windows since a few years ago. I use Ubuntu all the time, although I find 11.10 to be a bad step back in performance and usability. Very fancy but useless. Some examples? Things are difficult to find, proxy settings disappeared, a huge amount of memory used just for the desktop... Isn't it enough?
    I agree what it's bad with the power consuption with unity. Have you tried 2D?
    /Azyx

Ubuntu 16.04LTS 64bit, 16.04 Lubuntu 32-bit on eeePCs and OSX on a G4 800MHz iMac (iLamp). I think I have an W7 on one of my Virtualbox machine under 16.04LTS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The only thing I keep XP for is all the expensive audio software, (e.g. Pro-Tools, Reason, CoolEdit Pro, NI synths, etc, I bought before Linux was matured to the point of being a usable DAW) & the full support for my M-Audio soundcard that it has. I do use Audacity as my recording device.

Otherwise, I use Ubuntu for everything else... including recording instruments (Audacity, limited M-Audio card) & very rarely connect XP to the net! I don't care about games, but GNU/Linux support is getting much better for that anyway according to Linux Format.

When I can get a port to GNU/Linux for all of my studio stuff, (any good hackers out there who like old audio software?) I will delete XP, & good riddance!
    Last edited by archolman; January 15th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    Peace, love & The Archers!
    WinXPHome-SP3 DAW/ Ubuntu 10.04.2LTS Surf&BOINC,
    on
    AMD Athlon64, 2GbRAM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I started with 9.04 dual booting with Win 7. I first looked at Linux after getting tired of paying for software (I'm a bit of a cheapskate).
    Linux became more and more my goto OS, now its definitely the alpha OS. I have xp, vista and win 7 as vm's for training and visual studio (some classes require it).
    Now I'm a bit of a polyglotist, and I've tried many flavors of Linux, but Ubuntu has the best support and most active forums, so I come back again and again.

Beans

Switched but running Windows 7 x64 in VirtualBox for Adobe products and to run a few random proprietary programs for tech support. Hoping to switch over to more Linux development later this year to try and give back to the community.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Linux only user

Windows is installed for testing multi-boot only
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Been 100% Linux for about eight months now at home, Windows XP virtual PC when I need to do .net work stuff at home. But as I've been doing Android and Linux stuff at work it's not been run for months now. At work been on Linux for about six months, moved the Win7 licence on the work dell PC to a virtual PC on the same system so as at home, when I need to do .net jobs I run that up.

Spend most of my day on Linux box's these days so feeling very lucky. Also ditched my iPhone for an Android phone, so even got Linux in my pocket.

"Hello, is that Linux in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" LoL.....
    Running 15.04 at home to help with Raspberry Pi development.
    Also have the Aquaris E5 HD

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by RichardUK View Post
    "Hello, is that Linux in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" LoL.....
    HAHAHA!! I should've thought of that one. I'll have to use it with the wife.

Page 843 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 343743793833841842843844845853893943 ... LastLast