Page 761 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Lips View Post
    VirtualBox: Now I'm running XP in the background.
    One comment: Spooky!
    yesterday I was running a VB on the computer in my home office, through a remote desktop, while I sat on my deck on a wireless notebook
    another time I accidentally opened up a VB from within a VB
    I think a saw the edge of the universe for a second....
    seriously I save the machine state with IE open so I don't even have to wait for XP to boot up
    It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality you are...

Beans

i just completely wiped windows 7 off my netbook today and put 10.10 on it. i had gone away from it because of a bug where i couldn't connect to my wifi. Well today I reinstalled and it still had same bug but after installing all the updates it works great. I dualboot 10.04 and win 7 on my laptop but the only time i've booted into windows in months was for the sole purpose to find out whether i was having a hardware problem or a driver problem
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    i just completely wiped windows 7 off my netbook today and put 10.10 on it. i had gone away from it because of a bug where i couldn't connect to my wifi. Well today I reinstalled and it still had same bug but after installing all the updates it works great. I dualboot 10.04 and win 7 on my laptop but the only time i've booted into windows in months was for the sole purpose to find out whether i was having a hardware problem or a driver problem
    Love your sig, it says it all.

Well, I believe next month will be my first anniversary with Ubuntu. I think it was about in June though when I wiped Windows 7 off, and have been running Ubuntu happily ever since. I still have an old copy of XP that I had running in Virtualbox. I just need it for a few not too frequent reasons. Some times a month goes by without me having to log into XP. Ubuntu does all for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i haven't booted into windows since i put on ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Garthhh wrote:
    another time I accidentally opened up a VB from within a VB
    I think a saw the edge of the universe for a second....
    Mindblowing! (LOL) But seriously, I like that you have the
    possibility of checking out other Linux distros that way.

(I'm not planning to switch from Ubuntu though, as it fit
    my needs perfectly)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Three things are stopping me from a full switch...

• Gaming. (RTS - RA2:Yuri's Revenge, Generals:Zero Hour, etc.)
    • Video Recording/Editing (MythTV too complicated and no time to read instruction "Bible". VirtualdubMod, Super, CODEC installations? Only thing I've gotten to work in Wine is Imgburn.)
    • Installation of programs without having to constantly use CLI to either start up or tweak to force things to work, (more like fail to work). If I install something, I expect it to set up its own menu selection/icon.

Though Linux is very stable and powerful, it is still living up to its stereotype of being a PITA to the AVERAGE user. Most people do not have the time (or patience) to relearn how the wheel operates. It also doesn't help that you now cannot launch anything from a CD/DVD any more because of the draconian measures taken by Devs to "avoid potential infection." (If we put in a disc, it's OUR choice to do so.) Until developers and programmers can get past this techy superiority complex, Linux will unfortunately never be a serious threat to win-don'ts. So until that happens, Linux will be a great choice for people who either are so highly trained that they can recompile a kernel in their sleep, or people who just surf the web, check emails and watch videos on youtube. And maybe hit the torrents.

10.04LTS(64) with AMD X2, Gigabyte mobo with ATI video and HD sound.
    ---
    "WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business,for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." -- Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I don't use Win for some months now, and I don't expect to go back.
    Of course there is the gaming issue, and all the CLI (interesting) mumbo jumbo...
    But lets face it, Unix is where all the fun is

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I JUST today switched from XP to Ubuntu 10.10. And its the best decision ever! I love it! Now that im into Linux im looking into other linux OSs just to see whats out there
    Go ubuntu and linux!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

For couple of years, Ubuntu is my sole OS! I use ubuntu for all my works. Currently I am using Lucid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Just Ubuntu on a System76 laptop for 4 years now. No viruses. No meltdowns. No money for software. No regrets.
    linux user #482109 | system76 gazelle laptop 2007

Page 761 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast