Page 551 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by uberdonkey5 View Post
    whoahhh... thats alot of time installing OSs... unfortunately I only have a copy of vista I'd much prefer XP and Ubuntu (hardy)
    That's just the two computers that I've had for myself (not including the macs). Right now we have 6 computers in our house; I built two of them and installed operating systems often multiple times on each.

I don't like to think about how many hours I've wasted installing operating systems!
    Server: 2.2GHz Athlon 64; 4GB; 2TB; Debian 5 x64
    LividEmperor: 3.3GHz i5 2500K; 8GB; 660GB; Ubuntu 10.10 x64 + Windows 7 x64
    Netbook1: 1.6GHz Atom; 2GB; 160GB; Ubuntu 10.10 x86
    Dogeatdog: 3GHz Phenom II; 3GB; 1TB; Windows 7 x64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I officially (the lord mayor of cork came out and decreed it) don't need Vista for anything now. I'm a very happy bunny.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I completely switched to GNU/Linux, except at work.
    They are using WindowsXP, I still complain each and everyday about how slow and how it loves to hang in the middle of tasks. Even though they are using high end computers. Will keep on advocating and trying to convince them to do a switch though.

I still have a Windows 2003 Server that i stopped using AGES ago, i turn it one when i need to burn Xbox360 games, since there no good way to do so on Linux that i know of. and even so, i haven't had any game to burn in the past 3-4 months.

I even forced the switch on the family Desktop, first 2 days were hard on my little sister, but then she got to a point that she even asked me whats the sudo password !

Beans

windows is killing your system slowly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

At home, I am about 95% Linux, but still use Windows for the odd game and for the odd pieces of obscure software I need from time to time. I have to use Windows 100% at work where Linux pretty much isn't an option.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I really no longer use windows now.

Thanks to Adobe not being able to activate my Flash CS3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
    I installed Picasa 3 and works pretty well, compared to F-Spot it is faster at least on my machine. I tried F-Spot & gthumb, but it seems like Picasa will work for now.

Thanks
    I just discovered gthumb--AWESOME.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb View Post
    I completely use Ubuntu. I keep Windows around for gaming problems (to test if they work in Windows, basically, then boot into Ubuntu and fix (or try to fix) the problem). I haven't "used" Windows in a long time, but it's still there.
    My pc is Ubuntu / Kubuntu dual boot... Completely removed Windows a week ago and got back into Linux full-time (I dual booted XP / Ubuntu 7.0.4 for the past few years). Wanted to dual boot Kubuntu and Ubuntu to see which one I preferred, but I prefer Gnome personally, and now I'm wishing I had just made a single Ubuntu installation. I've finally got my system set up perfectly, Creative X-Fi with 5.1 surround sound is working, got Compiz fully functional, and system backups running logarithmically.

I work on Windows XP (C# .NET Developer), and my gf's computer has windows on it, but I will personally never install another Windows OS on my computer, I love Ubuntu Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I dual boot XP/Jaunty,The only reason that I use XP is Netflix instant watch.My preference is Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

After using Ubuntu for 10 hours, i have completely removed vista from my laptop . this was before 1 month!

p.s. Unfotunately i use Wine for MS Office, cause we use it in the office . still i hope one day i will be 100% winfree and m!cro$oft free.

Cheers!

Page 551 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast