Page 52 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

As soon as i get my lacie 250gb usb 2.0 hdd.

Beans

i'm just about the final 2 steps away from fully turning to ubuntu oon all my home machines..

1) my skype is having problems making calls
    2) i need to get a better download manager (similar to leechget or net transport on windows).

Beans

Just switched to linux about 2 months or so ago. Ubuntu is the only thing I have tried so far because out of all the distros my partner showed me it looked easiest for me to learn/adjust to. If I ever get a better and faster comp I would consider dual booting linux and windows but the only reason being so that I could play some games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I started using Linux last year, switching from WinXP to Mandrake (now mandriva). I tried SuSE aswell, and Fedora Core, but I fell for Ubuntu, parttly for the community, partly for its philosophy, but the two main reasons are: I love using it and it has 100% support for my laptop, my scanner and my printer.

now all I have to do is figure out how to get my webcam to work.. But, no more WinSlows for me

Beans

Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have completely switched to linux. Kubuntu is doing almost everything I want and need to do on a computer except that I cannot get it to play dvds but other than that I loved the fact that I have switched.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf73
    I have completely switched to linux. Kubuntu is doing almost everything I want and need to do on a computer except that I cannot get it to play dvds but other than that I loved the fact that I have switched.
    I had the same problem with DVD's until today. Here is a link that might help.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=30949

I have completely switched to Ubuntu. I did it at first for the challenge of using a linux only system. I can do everything I like to do with this computer just like it is so I am considering not reinstalling my copy of Win XP Pro. I like the fact that ther are more features avilable that will not cost me a arm and a leg to use.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I have XP and Win2000 on puters that I rarely boot up. I am taking the time to get more proficient with Ubuntu before working on getting everything moved over.

I've only been at it for a couple of months. I'm running Ubuntu with KDE also installed under the XFce environment so I can pick and choose favorite apps from each to use.

It's been surprisingly easy to make the switch, considering where I started. I'm probably at about 95% now.

Bill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I can't remember when I removed Windows... 1-2 years ago I'd say but I forgot. Didn't use it at all for quite some time before that (like booting it up once every six months to see if something was working there) but since the partition was only 1 gig (i tend to keeps my OS partitions small) I left it there. I didn*'t really remove it, but exchange the harddrive and just didn't install it again. Spend that much time for that little usefulness? Easy answer

Some time ago I even stopped dual-booting since my harddrive crashed and I had to use a smaller one. Once I have more space, I think I'll dual boot Mandriva again, nice to play around with once in a while due to the excellent support for alternative WMs/DEs. Or maybe triple-boot with development ubuntu... The possibilities are endless

I had Win xp until 2004, the I switched to Mandrake 10.0 but besides the easy daily use it had urpmi (stupid stuff) and then I heard about Ubuntu - how great&good it was

Beans

I once completely switched to SuSE 9.1, but there was something about it that I can't remember at this time that I hated. I then switched back to WinXP.

I've just formated my box last night though and put Ubuntu on it, it's looking sweet and as far as I can see I like it, but I just need to get my damn wifi configured before I can put it to use.

Page 52 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast