Page 511 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've completely switched to Linux.
    My mobile phone is linux based as well!!

Beans
    Hidden!

After using the Windows 7 RC... I am now using Linux. Phone/Laptop/PS3/Server, everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I posted in this thread a month or two ago, stating that I was ready to go full time with Ubuntu (was dual booting with XP for the past year). Well, after fiddling around with Kubuntu 9.04 for a couple of weeks I decided that KDE wasn't for me. As I prepared myself for the switch back to Gnome I found out that Linux Mint 7 was released, decided to try it out, and my mind was made up.

Feels good to have nothing but Linux on the computer
    "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself."
    -- Sam Levenson
    Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020D | Triple booting CrunchBang, Ubuntu and Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I am a linux only user. I started out with Fedora Core 9 in 2007. Then Fedora 10 for a while before I got mad at it because of having to fight the sound card. Then I tried Ubuntu 8.10 Intepid Ibex. I loved it but the wifi card was a deal breaker. I went back to Fedora a while untill I tried a live CD of jaunty. It worked great for me. The only thing I still use windows for , on my mother's computer, is games that dont run well under wine like Sims 2. Alot of games do work under wine but its if-y and you need to check out the wine application website. If you are a major world of warcraft person wine covers it. I'd look into things like that before you do. I personly regreat getting rid of windows completely because of some high profile games so I would keep it but use it under a virtual machine with VM workstation (just use it long enough to make the vm) and later get vm player. Keep your games going but be free. I hope I helped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am only using Ubuntu 8.04 now. I admit it was not actually a choice though. My main hard drive with Xp on it fried. I don't have the restore disk for this old Compaq Presario 5000 so no mo windows.

I am glad I had ordered that Ubuntu cd. I can't afford to buy windows and would have been computer-less. Thanks Ubuntu .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Since I got sopcast-player working, I don't have any use for windows anymore.
    Microsoft's crimes - Ubuntu CE - Windows 7 sins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    No no, I won't indulge your superiority complex... But if you'd like to tell me something you're passionate about, I'd love the chance to belittle it.

Beans

I had to completely switch to Ubuntu, since Vista had been completely destroyed by viruses. In this respect, the situation has definitely helped me appreciate what Ubuntu is doing for the computing community and how functional alot of the software is (with a little perseverance.

Beans

ok i want to make a complete switch...but this is my first time using ubuntu...i hate vista !! and now tht RA 3 works3 on ubuntu thanks to WINE..i guess i shall swtich for sure..or is it a bad idea ?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pantera10 View Post
    ok i want to make a complete switch...but this is my first time using ubuntu...i hate vista !! and now tht RA 3 works3 on ubuntu thanks to WINE..i guess i shall swtich for sure..or is it a bad idea ?
    I went cold turkey. But I would recommend dual booting in the begining
    Sony Viao - 2.4 Ghz pentium 4, 1Gig DDR, nVidia 8400GS, 80 gig master drive, 320 gig slave, Asus Xonar D1
    Quote Originally Posted by aimpau View Post
    Microsoft - Creating the need, Linux - Creating the solution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I completely switched to Linux on my home PC. Unfortunately, I am forced to deal with Windows XP at work...
    System76 Lemur running Ubuntu 16.04

Page 511 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast