Page 436 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536936 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've switched over completely. I got a good deal on a quad core refurb thinking it would be fast. Well it came with vista, pre SP1 it was fast but crashed all the time. With SP1 it took 20 minutes to boot. UBU 8.10 takes 1 minute tops

Beans

I'm a graphic artist / photo editor... so when I can run all My Adobe apps natively I'll switch over. And no... GIMP sucks. heh
    Open Source Kupo

Beans

windows was alwayz inconsistent in its boot up and shutdown times..

what i love about linux is, it takes between 55-65 seconds to boot, every single time totally reliably. and the system shuts down in seconds, everytime.

very consistent, i cant say the same for anything MS.

Linux freak here.. overNout.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Montblanc_Kupo View Post
    I'm a graphic artist / photo editor... so when I can run all My Adobe apps natively I'll switch over. And no... GIMP sucks. heh
    Yeah, GIMP sucks. I still miss my Chrome filter that I had with Photoshop. I could make a mean electric jellyfish with the chrome and the wave filters.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Hidden!

I switched about 8 - 10 months ago. I'm still amazed with everything you can do with it.

I just spent about 3 hours getting rid of Antivirus 2009 (a very pesky malware) on my wife's Win XP computer, and I'm still not done. Every time I clicked on a link on the net, I was sent someplace else. I just couldn't figure out what was going on. I finally figured out that the malware wasn't gone completely. I decided to bite the bullet & told the wife that I had to re-format the hard drive and reinstall Winblows. I told her she'd be better off with Ubuntu, but she's too old-fashioned to switch.

Beans

I went 100% on my laptop. I am too much of a gamer to give up my desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have used Ubuntu for a couple years. I used Linux on and off for years before that. I use Ubuntu as my primary OS and I do most if not all my tasks there. I don't like wine, cedega, crossover, vm machines, anything so I have to keep a windows box for some tasks. But my primary machine is Ubuntu and most of my tasks are done in Linux.

I love Linux. It's incredible.

But, programs such as KDE and Amarok are failing us with their new versions and their lack of a true desktop. Shame on them. It tends to drive me farther away rather than draw me in.

Beans

i just installed about 7 programs... in about 5 minutes, and all are ready to go... and no reboot! that's another thing i love about Linux.

Linux rocks!

Beans

I switched (finally) at the last LTS release when my scanner support issue was resolved.

Now my conscience is clear, my ethic is in practise,
    and I'll never need to dance with the devil again

cheers,
    M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My mom has switched completely to Ubuntu now. I think she's impressed. I just used alt-drag to move a Firefox window she made too big (how do these things happen?) so I could resize it. She was like "oooooh!" Ubuntu ran without a hitch on her Compaq Presario. The only thing there's a little trouble with is that OpenOffice's titlebar is a bit funky. But that's only a minor inconvienence.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Page 436 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536936 ... LastLast