Page 423 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Post Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Been working with Linux now for at least a few months, used windows for far to long, like others have mentioned, sometimes I am missing some games but otherwise I am enjoying it and have converted more then a few though most seem to prefer dual boot, to access windows for gaming and other things they are more familiar with.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by anjilslaire View Post
    I respect your position to not support MS if thats your choice. However I'm confused by your decision to leave the IT field
    Less stress now (for the moment LOL)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxtsch View Post
    I'm a die hard Microsoft fan. I can't live with out my xbox 360, my wireless mouse
    Maxxtsch sir, I'm sure that Wireless mouse works fine in Ubuntu. Just Some acetone on that logo will clean that up real nice.

(Off topic post, sorry couldn't resist)

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by anjilslaire View Post
    I respect your position to not support MS if thats your choice. However I'm confused by your decision to leave the IT field, unless its for other reasons of course.
    It's perfectly possible and acceptable to work in IT without being involved with MS products. I know several people who do it without ever touching a Windows installation.
    I touch Microsoft products everyday (for one, I repair Xbox360's for people that have dud warranties) and I'm an IT tech. MS brings in bacon, so I have no problem with it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I'm still using WinXP at work, but a couple of days' experience of Vista makes me happy I'm in no way tied to MS products. I could not wait to install Ubuntu, dual boot, on the new laptop Father Christmas brought to my family (Windows, still, for kids' gaming).

I confess I've used quite a few hours to customize things in Ubuntu, but that's because — I can.
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Sorry, wrong thread...
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm

Beans

Ubuntu is plain easy, but some program designed for mocosoft just do not work with winehq.

99.9% of my work is done in Ubuntu.

Beans

as long as the developement continues and we can get the support for the hardware the switch will continue. i have swaped a laptop to linux and other than an issue that i still can not explain with the wifi i look to expand my usage.
    my last ordeal with ubuntu / redhat was very frustrating. but it looks like that alot of the bugs have been worked out and the install of new programs has gotten much better and slicker.

I wish that i could write code to contribute to the open source kernel. ( ) but i can't.

remember MSoft my use only 200 programers to write code that is 400 sets of eyes. open source has 200 times that 200 looking at code every day and plug the hole before the bug gets to the kernel ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Camped out for black friday to get my toshiba laptop for 378 dollars.

It came with that crapware os aka as vista and I put off takeing it to a computer repair center to get xp on it.

After twenty days I said screw paying 50 dollars for something I allready have and I made a slim version of my older xp program.

I downloaded Ubuntu and virtualbox and then installed my copy of my slim version of XP.

The only windows programs that I run are MKV2VOB and thats it.

As far as games theres a much better alternative and thats a playstation three.

If there ever is a linux version of MKV2VOB then its hit the road Jack and dont you come back no more, no more, no more for Windows from Microsoft.

It feels great to not have to do daily windows virus scans, daily windows spyware scans, daily registry cleanups and ram being eaten by running antivirus, anti spyware is no longer an issue.

Windows is R.I.P. at my computers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    I have read this numerous times, but since I am not a gamer, I really couldn't offer any insight until now.

I downloaded Ultimate Gamers 2.0 from

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition-20/

and have never looked back since. Wine is preloaded, along with many games, not just card ones, but FPS ones too. I took a chance and installed Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne, and it runs much better under wine than it does under windows. Office 2003 installed perfectly. However, I could not get Visual Studio 2005 to install, but that's not a heartache for me at all.

So you might want to give it a try, after all, it is based on 8.10.

Page 423 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast