Page 420 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I've been ready to switch since I've gotten comfortable with the console. Now if I could just convince my family, and my job. Oh well, I guess I'll always be a dual booter.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    XFX Radeon 5850
    OCZ 8GB 1600Mhz AMD Black Edition DDR3
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I can't, I still play high-end games, and Linux just isn't able to do that well...yet.

Beans

just nuked my winxp partition.

no more dual boot.

i never even dual booted it.. haha

overNout.

Linux rulez!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Dual boot at the moment with WinXP. Main reason is for gaming because I still have not got Wine to work sufficiently. However, when I'm not gaming you will find me on Ubuntu
    What man is a man that does not make the world a better place? -Kingdom of Heaven
    Ubuntu Security|Have an old laptop or computer? Go Green.

Beans

Linux is my main OS at home but I love variety and being a Windows System Admin I need to keep my skillz on Windows.

I have a lot of computers here and enjoy different operating systems they all have good points and bad. I am seriously thinking about finally giving in a buying the new macbook and trying out OS X.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I accidentally nuked my vista partition and was forced to remove it, so Im back to solely booting ubuntu
    These days, my computers change so much, all I can say for sure here is ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm really enjoying using Ubuntu & XP on the same box. I would like to "tri-boot" BSD in there somehow...someday. XP does well with my Canon Pixma MP780, and graphics in general.

Beans

Switched over, never looking back. Still use Vista for DX10 gaming .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by theApokalypsis View Post
    Switched over, never looking back. Still use Vista for DX10 gaming .
    If you still use Vista for gaming, have you really
    completely switched to Linux?
    Just teasing
    Nothing wrong with that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by gplauche View Post
    I have Rhythmbox, which came with Ubuntu, and Songbird, which I like because of its Firefox-style add-ons. I don't want to install a KDE application in Gnome. I haven't tried Audacious yet.
    You might want to take a look in the repositories. There are thousands of things there. It's really easy to install things with Synaptic so there is no good reason not to (unless you know a better way). One of the advantages with those packages, is that (for most applications) you will be notified about updates.

Quote Originally Posted by gplauche View Post
    I'll have to look into amsn. I don't know if it supports multiple clients like Pidgin does. I don't want to have multiple IM clients running at the same time, so in that way Pidgin is ideal. But in this day and age, an IM client that doesn't support voice and video chat is incomplete and in my opinion should have a beta label.
    Beta labels are not for missing features. It's more for features that aren't yet tested enough. At least that's how I understand it.

I have read somewhere, I think, that video chat is planned for future releases of Pidgin, but I'm not sure. Also remember that pre installed software in Ubuntu (and other distros) are not necessary the most recent versions, so maybe you can find a Pidgin release out there with Video chat, I don't know since I don't need it.

Page 420 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast