Page 416 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I had to use vista today to download some stuff off my cell phone.

Horror

Had to reboot 3 times to uninstall / reinstall some drivers to get the phone working. All in all that took 15+ minutes (linux takes about 1 min to boot and be usable).

And..... so on... anyway glad to be back in linux. Hassle free (once it's set up!).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I switched completely to Linux about five years ago and didn't miss Windows at all; my gaming was on consoles.
    However, have just bought another computer and I've been approached to review PC games so I've kept Vista in a dual boot for that.
    Can't see myself using Windows for anything else though - more than satisfied with Ubuntu/Kubuntu

Blair

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I'm a fulltime IT student, and unfortunately Office 2007 is a staple requirement of the course. Also I have a Lexmark all-in-one and I just can't get the damn thing to run with any drivers under Ubuntu (or any other distros). For everything else, I just can't seem to work out a reason why I'd choose to run Windows. There's soooo much software for Ubuntu just in the repos alone. If I wasn't doing a course that required ******* I'd probably can it entirely and save for a new printcopyswayscanfax. Right now I've got it safely contained in Virtualbox, where it belongs.

For day to-day personal stuff, it's Ubuntu all the way. Windows is only for course-work. (or printing stuff out, for now. I will not be buying another Lexmark unless I know I'll have a hassle-free install.)

Beans

I have been using Ubuntu since 7.10, so I'm still quite new to the Linux world. What's really impressed me is that I haven't had any hardware issues until now. Everything has been working out of the box, including wireless.

Since I'm using Supermemo2004 for flashcard learning of Arabic, I still boot into Win XP at my wife's computer, since I can't get it to work with Wine or CrossOver - especially the Arabic fonts have given me a hard time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Can't leave Vista gamer at heart

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Depending on the context of switching:

- For work, I still use Microsoft Windows.

- Personally: I would say about 90%. My laptop boots up to Ubuntu and I pretty much stay on it. The only time I will need to switch to Vista, is when I need to ensure works that I do using OpenOffice, appear the way I want them to be using Microsoft Office (as majority of the general public still use Microsoft Office). So the only time I would use Vista again is to ensure that there is no discrepancies between what I did on Linux and Microsoft.
    Obviously, at this point in time I am not playing any games as my laptop does not have the Video Card to play them. If I buy another laptop with a better video card, I may be using Windows more often to play games.

Beans

My blood pressure goes up with windows - seriously, so I don't use it. My laptop came with vista - I fdisked it and installed Hardy. My blood pressure is down again.

Beans

You may want to keep a copy of Vista around. If your blood pressure gets too low it is dangerous.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i completely switched to Ubuntu..
    never have Vista on my own laptop, used to play with it in my friend's laptop..and seriously, it is sucks.

As I am a student,I use mainly my Linux Box for assignment, googling, watching/dowloading movies/mp3 at torrent, photo manipulation and some designing too.

For me, Ubuntu is the best, will try Fedora sumdays, Windows? Never

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I will still use Windows as there are several applications that require Windows and i have many games that i will need Windows to play on. But for everything else i will be using Linux

Page 416 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516916 ... LastLast