Page 410 of 967 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510910 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 9670

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

When my Dell laptop's HD went toes up, I made the big switch. Dell being Dell, I had no XP disk to reinstall from in the event of an emergency so being faced with the option of plunking down more cash for XP or (worse yet) dealing with Dell, I made the obvious choice and moved to Linux.

For quite some time, I've been spending more and more of my computer time running Linux from various live CD versions and the only thing on Windows that I actually cared about was Neverwinter Nights. The move to Linux was a no-brainer.

I have NWN up and running sort of - in fairness I haven't yet gotten sound to work and the performance is much worse with Hardy than it was with XP, but everything else is so much better (and cheaper!) now, I just don't see ever having a reason to move back to Windows.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Hi,
    I've been using Ubuntu for 1 year now, and I really enjoy it !

Thanks to all people contributing to Ubuntu

________
    After solving a problem in the forum, don't forget to improve the Wiki !

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by DrHackenbush View Post
    I have NWN up and running sort of - in fairness I haven't yet gotten sound to work
    Have you tried removing './lib' from the shell script that launches the game? (found in the nwn game folder)

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# This script runs Neverwinter Nights from the current directory
    cd /home/gaia/.nwn #<-- not the default install location : )
    export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0
    export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0

# If you do not wish to use the SDL library included in the package, remove
    # ./lib from LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:./miles:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH #<--- from this
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:./miles:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH #<--- to this

./nwmain $@
    Intel Duo E6600 2.40, Nvidia 9800 GTX+, 4GIG DDRII, Creative Audigy 2ZS, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, Single Parent, two small children, Kettle, Toaster, Non Functioning Microwave.

Latest Desktop

Beans

I mainly use 2 computers since they are mine, Ubuntu on my laptop for downloading torrents (movies, music and games) and I use my Vista for gaming. Sorry to say I'm a multiplayer gaming addict
    Mission: Learn GIMP...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Totally 100% to Ubuntu for almost 2 years now, ever since an IT/Admin friend handed me an ancient desktop he loaded up with Ubuntu and OpenSuse (obsolete W* machine from his workplace -- they gave it to him). I've been a sucker ever since. I don't use W* at all. I got tired of viruses, re-installing for days on end and having to pay out all the time for this or that little program, utility or add-on to get the job done. It's sure a lot less stress and more control.
    Last edited by Nkosi; December 4th, 2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    linux user #482109 | system76 gazelle laptop 2007

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I began using only Ubuntu for about a month now. (ever since i got my new laptop) I did have a mini-freakout on my computer that caused me to create a windows partition so i could flash my bios but i recently removed that, but i feel like my computer has been liberated.

I have no reason to go back. I play the native UT2004 client along with a few Windows games that run pretty well in wine.

The only thing i miss is FL Studio. I have tried the alternatives but they just arent as good. I can get it working in wine but i cant get it to recognize my registry key so it stays in demo mode .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I can't stand using windows... so bloated and wrong! Why would I use something that doesn't work for me.

Ubuntu just works

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    So am I. I use windows when I buy a new game. that;s it

Beans

im a 15 years old dude but i dont play games exept classic doom. so i completely switched to linux, but theres still windows because some programming applications dont works on linux and i need to switch to windows for some time. everythink else what i want works perfect in linux
    World multi billionaire man Mr. William Harry Gates (Bill Gates). Yes, I know that Bill Gates rocks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I do alot of my gaming on my 360 now. I have been ONLY on ubuntu for about 3 days, but I had been using wubi for about 3 months.
    These days, my computers change so much, all I can say for sure here is ubuntu.

Page 410 of 967 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510910 ... LastLast