Page 409 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

With the exception of my Movie Editing Program and a few Games (both of which I trying to convert using Wine) I've completly switch to Ubuntu. Besides Windows crashes my internet card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have my Compaq laptop with only Linux, I still have to use XP at work. I will retire next year and my other laptop(Dell D530) will be changed over.

John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs up Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Although my built-in webcam doesn't recognized, Ubuntu is really enough for me. Sometimes while connected on wireless the transmissions drops connection but still fall in love for Ubuntu. Endeed, for humanity for all, still can remember how many times was hostilezed while chating for help in Windows forums... endeed, Ubuntu brings heart to the machine! Fight for Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hey Dude,
    I have been building computers since 1997.I switched to Ubuntu when I "fell" across it a few years ago.Window$ main flaw is that it does not respond to user problems in a timely manner.They also want to "BE ALL..to everybody" when what they need to do is be affordable-be SECURE-and be maintainable by the public.They instead have focused on being SALEAble and profit intensive.If they had made it more productive...more secure..and then worked on saleability they could have cornered the market.I just got tired of re-installing when ever I had a problem because it was easier than trouble shooting it.With Ubuntu you have a great support forums program that get's you an answer pretty damn quick.
    TAKE THAT MICRO$OFT!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I was already dual booting for a few years. A month ago my XP BSOD on me. After I booted to Ubuntu I considered either to repair it or do a fresh instal for two minutes... I guess I saved myself a few GB of hard drive space and a night of downloading upgrade for a fresh XP instal!

Beans

Got rid of my Windows partition a couple days ago, I've finally made the full switch. Only thing really holding me back was a lack of Photoshop support, but CS2 works in Wine and that's good 'nuff for me.
    dnyy in IRC
    #! & ArchLinux
    Last.FM & Twitter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I haven't used windows for so long that I have forgotten how to do the most basic things. Its just better to use open source applications anyways. They are free and most of the time give you way more functionability. Not to mention they aren't trying to sell you anything, like upgrades or other software or proprietary formats.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

i dual booted once, never again

what i did was install xp on an ide drive and disconnected it, the drive is in my closet now, i may never use it.

ubuntu is currently on this system spinning on a sata drive, opensuse 11 on another sata in the case' its disconnected.

this forces me to work with one os, i am too lazy to swap drives

Beans

well i finally got rid of my install of vista. it was ******* me off. saying i now game almost only on my 360 there wasnt a real reason to keep it on there. so i deleted it and 8.04 formatted the drive and install 8.10.

i also have been working on project mom. i have my mom using 8.04 on her laptop. after a little give and take and a few sessions of showing her the ropes she loves it. she doesnt use her windows install anymore. now i dont have to worry about here trying to install stupid screen saver spyware programs. well for now.

Beans

When my Dell laptop's HD went toes up, I made the big switch. Dell being Dell, I had no XP disk to reinstall from in the event of an emergency so being faced with the option of plunking down more cash for XP or (worse yet) dealing with Dell, I made the obvious choice and moved to Linux.

For quite some time, I've been spending more and more of my computer time running Linux from various live CD versions and the only thing on Windows that I actually cared about was Neverwinter Nights. The move to Linux was a no-brainer.

I have NWN up and running sort of - in fairness I haven't yet gotten sound to work and the performance is much worse with Hardy than it was with XP, but everything else is so much better (and cheaper!) now, I just don't see ever having a reason to move back to Windows.

Page 409 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast