Page 403 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

i haven't used my win in 2 months. i installed win4lin for the few things i need on win i.e. quicken, act, dreamweaver. it works pretty good but is slow for act and can use laptop to do that. am trying to figure out how to chg the mbr from win hd to ubuntu hd so can remove other 2 hd's from system.
    i have found other linux programs for everything else. kmoney looks good to replace quicken but not sure i can run it from my laptop with xp. will soon have only by ubuntu system, i hope. am testing komposer for website work and that will only leave act.

Beans

I'm a software developer working in Java targeting multiple platforms. Haven't used Windows for more than testing in about 4 years now.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have dabbled with Linux since Knoppix 3.7 came out. I eventually found out about ubuntu when Dapper was available. I wiped XP off of my home machine two years ago. It still sits in a partition on my laptop, but is not be default boot option. For some reason since hardy, it won't "detect" an exernal monitor/projector; though I can get it working. XP has no problem with this and sometimes I just don't feel like goofing around to get it to work in Linux. I know it should just work.

At any rate, I think I switched becasue
    1. it looks cool b/c it is highly configurable
    2. security
    3. free
    4. speed to boot and run programs

3 and 4 are perhaps the practical reasons for me.

I bought an asus eee-box and immediately installed Kubuntu 8.04 with kde 4.1. It boots in under a minute. The xp that came on it after I had to install a virus program and firewall... takes about 3 minutes before the HD activity stops long enough to actually open program.

Beans

All linux scinces Hardys alpha/beta. Feels so good

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I am having Wxp as my primary OS and Ubuntu in my PC. The things that holds me back from being a complete Ubuntu user are :-

1.MP3 support
    2.Support of Bluetooth modem [Mobile Phone]
    3.MS outlook supports mobile sync of calendar and contacts.

If the above are rectified I would change to Ubuntu completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I use Ubuntu all the way!

Installed it last year about this time was sick of it a first and then the power of the terminal caught my attention. The occasional self-challenge was also nice. I now use Ubuntu on three computers and I am constantly recommending it to other people. And I totally recommend that you take Windows off of your computer . . . there are still open-source games, like freedoom and Nexuiz.
    --

"I never think of the future - It comes soon enough"
    - Albert Einstein

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I honestly threw myself into it. I was tired of my XP crashing, so I downloaded Ubuntu Live, tried it out, then said, "Screw it! I'm in!".

I have no clue what I got myself into.

Beans

I've completely switched over to Ubuntu.

And I haven't looked back at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have not switched completely but I am close.The only time I boot into windows is for sins of a solar empire. I have tried and I can't get it to work more the a few minutes in wine. Other then that one game I have switched completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

About 5 years ago I switched everything, except text processing and archive management, from DOS to Linux. MS-Windows is too difficult for me to understand so I never got into it.

Page 403 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast