Page 398 of 970 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 9692

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

after 6 months of using ubuntu i wiped windows last week an i'm very proud of it i wasn't using it anymore so there was no reason to keep my dual boot.

Beans

I've had XP and Ubuntu on my laptop for over a year now, but when I installed 8.10 yesterday, I finally eliminated Windows for good. I've not used it for months anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've finally done it. I replaced XP on my laptop with Ubuntu. I was amazed at how quickly it installed and I didn't have to go messing around looking for SATA drivers.

It took me a long time to realize that I don't NEED Windows.

I just need to figure out how to get my C6820 printer working.

Off to the forums!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Last edited by h4v0k_d0m; November 1st, 2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: double posted

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I Love linux I used it back when it was Breezy Badger then kinda quit due to lack of ability to find what I needed and being a complete newb. Just got a new lappy though and going back to strictly linux this time for good. I love Knoppix, RH, Pendrive Linux and Damn Small Linux, But settled on Ubuntu cause I really liked the graphics, Also downloaded Kubuntu decided to test that one out. But I abhor M$ and only use it at work other than that I love Tux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I haven't been using Linux as a main OS because you got to love OSX. I haven't used OSX since interpid came out but i'm afraid i will have to eventually - (Canon printer/scanner).

I'm proud for not using Win for almost a year tho 8)8)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

After using Ubuntu for 2 weeks.......I saw the light and ran towards it...My PC Is now Windows Free.
    Last edited by SDERAWI; November 2nd, 2008 at 11:30 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

about 4/5 years ago i saw an ebay ad for suse 10.xx something and bought it as a trial thing without the intention of having anything other than windows,after recieving the 5 disc install package i proceeded to use it on my desktop for about 6 months,after realising that i couldnt do as much as i wanted with it i reverted back to XP,on my laptop ive been dual booting backtrack and xp ever since backtrack beta was released,at the moment im using ubuntu (hardy) on both desktop and laptop as sole OS's,with backtrack 3 runnung from usb,ive also dabbled with the last 2 fedora distros 8 and 9 if memory serves me correct,but found ubuntu a lot easy to configure to the way i like..still undecided whether i like gnome or kde best though???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I use Ubuntu at home with a partition of Windows XP for my wife and at work I use Apple iMac which is my personal work computer.

NEVER ever EVER! going back to winblows. YUCK!
    Best regards,
    WhatuTag - Q's & A's

Beans

It's all linux from now on baby.
    *Well maybe some PC-BSD as well.*

Page 398 of 970 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast