Page 393 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493893 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Completely switched
    I still have Vista though, just in case
    But I use Ubuntu for everything, the only thing that I boot into Windows from time to time is Visual Studio or Skype [works in Ubuntu but not perfectly]
    404 - Signature not found
    The browser could not find the host server for the provided signature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I've have both my desktop and laptop on Ubuntustudio and openSuse, respectively. The Desktop has only ever seen linux.

Have to have a virtualbox running XP for school (Visual Studio, Adobe Suite)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I've completely switched to Linux since March this year. After scraping together enough bucks to buy a new laptop with vista I realized that in order to actually use the computer to the extent that I was hoping to with the pre-installed OS I'd either have to use pirated stuff or spend hundreds of dollars on software that would probably become obsolete in a few years, and being a broke college student it probably would have been the cheaper of the two, but I didn't have any reason not to try Linux being that the only significant software investment that I'd made at that point that would be dependent on using windows was windows itself. It's been working great for me since. As far as I'm concerned, if proprietary companies are going to make a big stink about unauthorized use and piracy, let them have their way. There are other options where you don't have to deal with their lame attempts at intimidation and mild threats and still not have to dole out the big bucks. I've heard that only 5% of most of the cost of proprietary software actually goes to it's development, the rest is all marketing, administrative costs, and profit, which is mostly bypassed with open source.

Beans

Switched completely over 2 years ago, hadn't looked back since

Occasionally testing out other OSs ([GNU/Open]Solaris, various *BSDs, Plan9, some minor hobby OSs)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Completely switched since June of this year. Running Ubuntu on my pc and a dual boot Ubuntu/Mint on my laptop. Glad I did it and have no desire to go back to windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I completely switched to Ubuntu from about six months, and for my computer needs (programming, surfing the web, email, watching photos and films) I don't feel the absence of Windows...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

i'm using ubuntu since 2006.I use ubuntu 95% of time i use windows for only gaming and engineering tools like matlab

Beans

when i get back to my dorm Sunday, i will see how fast my wireless is.

If it is as fast as Windows, I will finally delete the windows partition on my computer, and have 100% linux. I may have virtualbox on there though, havent really decided about that.

The only reason I have windows is that the wireless is so much slower in linux.

Beans

I've had Ubuntu installed for 10 months now, and I've been dualbooting with Vista for nearly all that time. Sadly, there are applications which I must use in Windows, and my printer doesn't have Linux support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I have been using forms of Linux for about 3 years. The last two Linux has been the only operating system that I have used on my personal computers.

The nice part in the last three years I have not lost information on a hard drive because the os decided to lobotomise its self.

Page 393 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493893 ... LastLast