Page 317 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetheric View Post
    If it wasn't for all the wacky stuff I do to my computer, I'd never have any problems at all.
    Oh man, I think there are few here who could honestly claim otherwise!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I kept Windows installed when I switched to Xubuntu, but I have yet to boot it. I kept it for one program I use often (Nemu64), but that program runs fine in Wine, and there's another program being developed for multiple platforms (Mupen64plus) that does the job better. (I'm even contributing to it, so I can be sure it doesn't have the same annoyances. )
    $ sudo make me a sandwich

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    I switched to Linux in 05', Keeping an XP box spare just in case my job required me to use something Windows specific (I'm a programmer by trade), In mid 07' I switched completely to Linux, now using OpenSUSE & Kubuntu 8.04, If I feel like some gaming I fire up the PS3

~Kiefer
    Need to install your RT73 based wireless device? use my RT73 Driver GUI Installer!
    Linux is simple, you just have to be a genius to understand it's simplicity.

Beans

I said bye bye to windows on my laptop about a month ago. Before this i never really used linux apart from a few scripts i had to do for an assignment on my OS module at uni.
    I think this is the best way to get to know another OS thoroughly, jumping right into it. I just got the idea a dual boot system would be too slow, and i had vista on there.
    The only possible reason for me to keep windows is counter strike source, but i have that on my pc at home, which i only have access to at the weekends. But i have the xbox 360 for gaming now (and the wii, psp and ds, im not spoilt or rich, i just spend money on games, i dont eat or wear clothes )
    But that machine will say bye bye to XP soon too.
    Although the ironic thing is im starting a 12 month placement with Microsoft Ireland in the european development centre.
    hehe, thats going to be fun (AWKWARD).
    Last edited by pmq; May 20th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

On my desktop computer, I'm mainly using Windows Vista, but I don't use it for much except working with my digital photos in Photoshop CS3.

On my laptop (Dell XPS M1530) I use Ubuntu 99.9% of the time, for programming, webbrowsing, e-mail, etc. I do have Windows Vista on my laptop (because it came with the laptop), but I almost never use it.

At work I'm using a Windows XP computer - I have no choice there.
    Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Completely wiped out Windows XP after the SP3 issues. Thankfully, i was already turned onto Ubuntu prior to said incident, and wiped out windows without hesitation. I already had all the vitals backed up to the external, and was actively reading up on Linux/Ubuntu when it happened. So with that said, i have yet to have an issue and could not be happier. My "not so top 'o the line" PC runs better than it did the day i bought it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

u should try open arena and nexuiz...both FPS's and both built off quake engines(i think)

u get more for free

I have been a hardcore Microsoft user since dos...i started getting tired of them crashing last year and leaving perfectly good cpus dead....now i have 4 linux cpus all from ppl that had windows on them and thought they were trash...i can still do everything i used to do(with the exception of printer drivers) i even have a former 98 machine running Dyne:Bolic and being used for all my AV needs....plus im a it consultant at a major electronics retail store and i allways point ppl towards open office and linux operating systems(unless they **** me off)...ppl are so shocked that there is a free word program and wonder why they have been paying for microsoft......Plus im supposed to push microsoft office and vista ...but what they dont know wont hurt me.or anyone else...Microsoft Doesent realize that u have to convince the geeks/nerds/it pros in order for the masses to keep using it....what ever we use they will too...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Got a new PC with Windows Vista but always liked Linux. I tried Ubuntu sometime last year but it wasn't quite upto my standards at that point (a bit unstable, slow to boot). I installed Hardy Heron Beta in April using Wubi, I fell in love instantly. I removed the Wubi installation, formatted my HD and installed Hardy Heron LTS onto it's own partition. The only thing I miss is Office 2007 (It's way better than OO) But I have that installed on my laptop. My eee PC runs Ubuntu also. Gotta love it really!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Two things require Windoz:
    My Garmin Legend Maps run only on windoz.
    I am the webmaster for my church, which publishes the newsletter with Windoz Publisher.
    I can only convert that newsletter for the posting the web page with that program.
    Otherwise, it's been Linux since '96: Slackware, Red Hat, Debian, and Ubuntu for real
    use and several others for testing.
    peter3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Zapped WinXP Pro SP2 after making an iso CD and trying Ubuntu for a few hours. It ran better than XP, and it was off the danged CD! So, after backing up everything (documents, music, etc.) I ran the installer and let it reformat the HD. Haven't looked back on THIS machine. Still have to use XP at work, though.

lefo

Page 317 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417817 ... LastLast