Page 301 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401801 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I am in the process of switching to linux (Ubuntu 8.04). The only thing that will keep me from going to 100% linux is the games that I won't be able to get to run under Wine. If someone ever comes up with an emulator that will run the windows games that I want to play, then I'll never install windows on another one of my computers again.

I have Hardy installed on my HP laptop, and i really like it. I think it's about time to install Hardy on my main machine and do a dual boot system. Then at least I can play games when I want to and be windows free the rest of the time. I shelled out the money for vista last year and had it installed for a month before I went back to XP. I will never install Vista on another one of my computers...what a piece of crap!

Beans

im at my first steps..2nd day but i love it! still having some problems but im a fast learner ubuntu is sweet. im wondering which planet i was living in so long

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I switched completely to Linux a year ago. Thanks to these forums I was able to find all the software I really needed to do so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

must of used it two days, then i completely backed up and installed only ubuntu, don't even bother with dual boot because i don't need or want it, thank you ubuntu team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've just hooked my m8s xbox360 to my cablemodem so he can go on xbox live - geez! talk about 20 questions just to get nothing ... after 2 hours of looking around for online gamers with various xbox 360 games found a big fat zero

it gave membership free for a month ... WOW! then after that a monthly sub but, to do anything costs points which you pay for ... can't M$ give anything for free to get us to pay for something later ... hardly wets your appetite
    encoderX.
    Ubuntu Newspaper (Updated Hourly)
    ➮ Reg'd Ubuntu User: #7514 - Reg'd Linux User 425949

Beans

I only boot in XP to upgrade my antivirus. Seriously, 90% of my duties in Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I switched about a year ago in the middle of college, so I haven't had all the time to really learn all of the ins and outs of it - it is worth it though, because once something is fixed, you do NOT have to worry about it.

The best analogy of Linux v Windows is this that my friend told me:
    Windows is like the economy class seats in an airplane. It works, but they are all the same, and you can only adjust it so much until it breaks.
    Linux, on the other hand, is a full recline first class seat with many more options than the economy seat - but, you have to put the bolts together yourself.

Linux is truly the future, you just have to get used to the minor roadblocks in the way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
    I started off with a triple boot of Solaris, Ubuntu Gutsy and Vista...

I quickly figured out that Ubunutu was my favourite, so for about a month I've been running it by itself... triple booting is messy and wastes space...

With the help of this forum, my wireless is working (sony vaio laptop), my orange usb internet stick is also, just need to get my TV card working now and I'm away.

I have an xbox 360 for playing games, so sadly Microsoft still get my pennies, but my laptop does everything it needs to (and I've found a few linux games that are really good) plus it's safe/secure & reliable.

And I've had fun learning how to use it

I have this week off work so installing it on my brother and sisters laptops tomorrow... in no time at all I'll have the whole family on board!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    Im a gamer, but I made the switch.

In the end no change will come unless you force companies to make games for both systems. That requires not buying them.

On the other hand, if they work in wine I will use em. You may be suprised what you can get running. They truly have an impressive team there.

Good Luck! Its hard, its like starting out again as a child not knowing what to do, but only takes about 2 months to get decent.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I swiped out windows three years ago. Living only with linux for three years.
    and being happy.

Page 301 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401801 ... LastLast