Page 101 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I will probably always have windows installed for programming/games but I have plans to switch to Ubuntu as my primary OS for work, once I get a stable Internet connection in a rented house or in other words, after college when I get a job.

Beans

all of my rigs are strictly linux, a mixture of distros, but all linux. the only WinXp boxes in my apt. are my girlfriends but even one of those is a dual boot (Fedora Core 5 and XP).
    Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.
    Registered Linux User#404601 - Registered Ubuntu User #3941
    Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member - FAS - blog

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

I'm using Ubuntu 90% of my time for a couple of days now. I still need a good replacement for uTorrent, Adobe Photoshop, Konnekt, foobar2000 (Listen is pretty nice though) and a few others that I havn't actually searched for yet (Notepad++). When uTorrent and Konnekt (will never happen) get ported, I will definitely switch 100% and maybe try using GIMP (I hate the GUI )

Am installing Apache, PHP, Mysql atm so I can hopefully continue developing my websites on Linux, I have noticed a few problems with fonts and font sizes in terms of the CSS

Beans

I started running Linux about 10 years ago. I quit and now recently, within the last two weeks, I've been running Ubuntu. Windows ALWAYS crashes eventually. I had been running win98 for the past three years. It got so slow, and I did all the maintenance etc, it would hardly run. Finally, it crashed bigtime and I said **** it. I'm off to Ubuntu. Of course there is a learning curve but compared to Win, it's screaming fast.
    Running Version 5.04 It just gets better everyday.

Beans

I think that the person who said K3B wasn't as good as Nero was wrong because my ubuntu disk burnt fine under K3B but Nero messed it up. Also I like the verify written data function, it allows you to test your disk so when burning distros USE IT!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I only use Windows XP if I have to translate stuff in Trados or SDLX, and send trados/sdlx files back. Otherwise, it's all Ubuntu, Gnome on the desktop and KDE on the laptop (mostly because KDE is less frightening if somebody is thinking of converting and asks me to show them).
    Games? Wesnoth, and even then, rarely. My G/F is hooked on the default Gnome games, though - even though she uses Windows (graphic design - Photoshop is what she knows..) I haven't given up though!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have decided to switch from Windows to Linux full time. It's a hard step since im a noob but i think in the long run it will pay off.
    L^3
    Long Live Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I would be 100% linux but.... FFXI has me hooked lol and it still won't work in wine so windoz must stay for now oh and Chessbase9 and Fritz9 yes I'm a big chess player and when you pay that much for software you need it to just work. However on my laptop I only use linux oh and my GF is ummm not good with computers so I don't want to confuse her seeing that she only uses windoz at work. So my baby is stuck on windoz for now a Dual Xeon system suffering from XP . Thank the gods I have my new laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thumbs down Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Been using Lx since RH7. Have a selection of BSD, Gentoo, and Ubuntu/Debian boxes. Run Ubuntu on PPC machines.

Hate ******* with a passion... My partner had to switch after I refused to do yet another reinstall of windows after it trashed itself (or got trashed!), and refused to try and recover another word document that had been corrupted. Not happy that I ended up having to refuse to support her anymore, but we've got lives, and linux just works, is safe, and fast...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Windows crashed on me for the last time a few months ago. I've been soooo fed up with Microsofts crap that I jumped into Linux with both feet. I had been wanting to learn it for a while now and this was my opportunity. Ubuntu is the one and only OS on my laptop and I'll never go back.
    "He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood
    He's the one that makes ya feel alright"

www.GKEonline.com

Page 101 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast