Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

Beans

Exclamation S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

This is the start of our LoCo Membership Charter. It is the beginning of the full charter; however, consider this the "bare-boned" version.

It will grow with time -- and grow with the length of this thread and with each and every IRC meeting. We'll add to the bones, then it will begin to get flesh and eventually it will take on form

So here we go:

1. All Ubuntu South Carolina, Ubuntians, LoCo Team Members will show respect to each other at all times whether it be online or telephone (virtual) communication in any form or non-virtual communication in person.
    2. All members are expected to contribute to the team, as a whole, in some way whether it be: ideas, volunteered time in some form, etc.
    3. Members must attend one I.R.C. meeting every 6 months to be considered (and remain considered) an active member of Ubuntu Team South Carolina. All members and administrators are held to this standard.
    3a. If special circumstances prevent your attending meetings at the proposed times, please contact an Ubuntu South Carolina administration and make alternative arrangements. We will work to accommodate your needs.
    3b. A non-official meeting will take place every 2 weeks for those that wish to attend. It is not an official meeting (per say) and is thus not required for attendance.
    3bb. It can, however, be substituted under the special circumstances rule (WITH PRIOR APPROVAL of S.C. admins) for the official meeting. This approval must be given within 1 week of the meeting. It is not a permanent approval and is given on a one time only basis. It must be given again if a specific issue arises again.
    Please help add to these within this thread and via IRC.

If something comes up in IRC, please copy+paste the contents into this thread so other members may comment on it.

It will eventually be raised in a meeting agenda (in the next meeting, whether it be February, March, etc. etc.) for voting on by the membership base that is in attendance at the official meeting.

#3 was raised for voting in the January meeting. It passed S.C. approval. #1 and #2 are general guidelines that should be approved by any general human being

I added the sub-guidelines of #3 myself -- if anyone objects to either of them, please let me know. I think they are fair and practical. If they need to be raised in the February meeting we can raise them.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler / xarquid / xq

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

Good start! If I can think of anything to add I will post it. At first read, could you elaborate further on #3b as to what time and date (if it has been decided)

Beans

Exclamation Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

Quote Originally Posted by xarquid View Post
    This is the start of our LoCo Membership Charter. It is the beginning of the full charter; however, consider this the "bare-boned" version.

It will grow with time -- and grow with the length of this thread and with each and every IRC meeting. We'll add to the bones, then it will begin to get flesh and eventually it will take on form

So here we go:

1. All Ubuntu South Carolina, Ubuntians, LoCo Team Members will show respect to each other at all times whether it be online or telephone (virtual) communication in any form or non-virtual communication in person.
    2. All members are expected to contribute to the team, as a whole, in some way whether it be: ideas, volunteered time in some form, etc.
    3. Members must attend one I.R.C. meeting every 6 months to be considered (and remain considered) an active member of Ubuntu Team South Carolina. All members and administrators are held to this standard.
    3a. If special circumstances prevent your attending meetings at the proposed times, please contact an Ubuntu South Carolina administration and make alternative arrangements. We will work to accommodate your needs.
    3b. A non-official meeting will take place every 2 weeks for those that wish to attend. It is not an official meeting (per say) and is thus not required for attendance.
    3bb. It can, however, be substituted under the special circumstances rule (WITH PRIOR APPROVAL of S.C. admins) for the official meeting. This approval must be given within 1 week of the meeting. It is not a permanent approval and is given on a one time only basis. It must be given again if a specific issue arises again.
    Please help add to these within this thread and via IRC.

If something comes up in IRC, please copy+paste the contents into this thread so other members may comment on it.

It will eventually be raised in a meeting agenda (in the next meeting, whether it be February, March, etc. etc.) for voting on by the membership base that is in attendance at the official meeting.

#3 was raised for voting in the January meeting. It passed S.C. approval. #1 and #2 are general guidelines that should be approved by any general human being

I added the sub-guidelines of #3 myself -- if anyone objects to either of them, please let me know. I think they are fair and practical. If they need to be raised in the February meeting we can raise them.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler / xarquid / xq
    Great! Should I enforce this? And if so then ok!
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans

This will not be "enforced" until after the next team meeting. The next team meeting date will be announced on/around 10 February 2008.

It will be on another week night (not Friday) around 8 P.M. EST. This is also standardized as of the last meeting (and it was voted upon and unanimously agreed upon).

Meetings will take place at 7:30 or 8 P.M. EST on a day between Monday and Thursday. They will take place in #ubuntu-us-sc on Freenode IRC network. They will most likely take place in the last week of each month (by calendar dates).

Sincerely,

xq

Beans

I'm going to leave the second non-official monthly meeting up to Flare. When's a good time for this, Flare?

I'll go ahead and recommend sometime mid-month so it is not too close to the official meeting This is supposed to be the "chatty get together" type of gathering meeting time for us all to just chat it up (and bring up issues if any are on our minds...).

Sincerely,

xq

Beans

No new ideas for items?

Beans

Tomorrow yeah.
    I some ideas, but I'll wait until tomorrow until I say what they are.

[First I must mak sure that xq isn't mad at me first]
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans

Lightbulb Re: S.C. LoCo Charter (The Beginning...)

All members will be required to sign the CoC:

https://launchpad.net/codeofconduct/1.0.1

This will be another "top of the Charter" item, in my opinion.

----

Come on guys and gals! Any more Chartered Member items? We can amend later on, but think of this as the Constitution for Ubuntu Team South Carolina.

How would we like to put in the Wording for Teams?

What are the top 3 - 5 teams we would like to put in the charter? Or if not LIST teams what is the GENERAL language we would like to use for the teams? Perhaps:

Ubuntu South Carolina will have Teams which members may join voluntarily. Teams are a valuable asset to Team South Carolina. Some examples may include a Design Team, Planning Team, Events Team and Web Team. These teams are only example names. Each team will have a leader and this leader's responsibility will include.... ---- etc.
    Just an example.

----

Come on, I know you guys and gals have great ideas. Let them out

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

CoC signed on my part, will be thinking about other ideas, and I do agree it should be a top of the Charter item.

Beans

CoC signed.
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast