Thread: Anjuta crashes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anjuta crashes

Are there people using the Anjuta IDE here?

I'm just trying it out but so far I'm not impressed. I tried making a simple GTK "Hello World" project, by first creating a project with the wizard, and then selecting File / New / Glade File. It crashes with a long stacktrace when I try to make a Glade file.

It crashes also when I select Settings / Plugins and try to activate the API Help plug-in.

I'm using Anjuta 2.2.0 which is in the Ubuntu 7.10 repository.
    Do you use Anjuta, and do you have similar problems?

Bug reports: 500473, 500475.
    Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Beans
    Distro

Re: Anjuta crashes

I added
    Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/robster/ubuntu gutsy universe
    to my /etc/apt/sources.list, did
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and removed Anjuta, and installed Anjuta again, however the wrong, crashing version is installed again. How do I make apt-get or Synaptic pick up the right version?
    Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro

That repository didn't work, so I downloaded the sources for Anjuta myself and after configuring / installing necessary libraries / building / installing I now have a working Anjuta version 2.2.2.
    Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

It worked like a charm, I can now edit glade files from within Anjuta. But Anjuta uses an code-generated window instead of my nice and shiny Glade file! How can I make sure Anjuta chooses the right one?

(using Glade 3, newest Anjuta, Gutsy, all deps installed)

Beans

grrrrr

it is "main" not "universe"
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/robster/ubuntu gutsy main

or
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/robster/ubuntu gutsy main universe

i don't know if there is actually something in universe

hours hours.... grr

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scavenger2008 View Post
    It worked like a charm, I can now edit glade files from within Anjuta. But Anjuta uses an code-generated window instead of my nice and shiny Glade file! How can I make sure Anjuta chooses the right one?

(using Glade 3, newest Anjuta, Gutsy, all deps installed)
    Hi
    I'm just working my way through this so this might be wrong but it gets Glade3 into Anjuta. I open the glade3 file in Anjuta. At that point I can view and modify Glade just as I would in standalone Glade.

So far Anjuta seems to work OK. I wrote some terminal programs in C that compiled and ran fine. I am currently trying to do some of the GTK example programs. These don't seem to work with Glade3. I have a C and C++ programing background but have found the Linux transition information very terse and in a lot of cases enough out of date that it is necessary to know something that this intermediate windows programmer doesn't know.

So far I have only found one GTK Glade3 tutorial. It compiles with GCC and runs but is three parts and the third part is not finish. I'm at work now and I'm old and slow remembering but you can google "Glade3 GTK tutorial" and find it. Micha Carrick did an excelent job explaining Glade3 and has implement the C code framework to go with the GUI. I ran into one problem. If you try to adapt the program to use a button gtk-builder-convert will not convert the .glade file to .XML.

Good luck
    Doug Drader