Howdy Everyone.

I'm not sure how many of you look at the forums, but I'd reckon that not all of you have access to IRC.

I'm making this post to put a spark under the group to get things going again. I started the talks in the fall (well, August 07) but people faded away. Hopefully we can get people back and active, get a site up, get approved as an Official State LoCo team and have some meetings, Teaching Sessions, Library Appearances, etc.

I think we should get to know each other, and I think here is a pretty good place to do it.

I like the following to start:
Quote Originally Posted by drdabbles
Our initial goal is to get a core group of interested people together so we can start building the resources the community will need. As of now, we are simply emailing each other and using the IRC channels. Please feel free to contact us and, again, add your information to the members page!
So I'll introduce myself first.

Name: You already my name
Why Ubuntu: I've tried many different Distro, and I liked the GNOME setup. Ubuntu was just starting to catch on, and I figured if Linux was going to get big, I'd love to be a part of it and go along for the ride.

I'm a fan of open and free software. I believe that there is a place and a time for proprietary software (I understand that it is something some people will not agree with me on), but the operating system is not it.

Since I'm a student at the University of New Hampshire (yeah in-state tuition... ), I have a desktop here running Ubuntu 7.04 full time, a desktop at home Dual-Booting Ubuntu 7.10 and Windows XP Media Center and A Backup machine that I call a server running Xubuntu 7.10.

Well, I know that sometimes I go on too much, and I think that this is one of them. I posed a "Get to know one another" in IRC the other day, I am 'xsc' in there, and only got a response from Nikkiana (?).

Look forward to hearing from you other Ubuntytes soon.

-Steve