200 12.60%
  • Young

140 8.82%
  • None of your business

28 1.76%
  • Get off my lawn.

108 6.81%
Page 1 of 358 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Just curious. What is your age and what do you use Ubuntu for?
    Me? I'm 40, surf the web, e-mail, and gimp. I also like to install and uninstall programs from the repository, trying to brake and fix the system. I find that is the best way to learn.
    Linux/Ubuntu: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

I'm 20 years old. I use Ubuntu to surf, check e-mail, type papers, and to do some web design.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm 42, I use ubuntu to surf, email.. i use Kopete to stay in touch with friends and I play games.. mainly Guild wars at the moment thanx to wine. We have a media pc running ubuntu in our front room and my kids use it to play on CBBC's website watch DVD's, movies and my son plays sauerbraten and open arena a lot..

They also have another media PC running Ubuntu in their bedroom where I banish them to when they are doing my head in.
    Intel Duo E6600 2.40, Nvidia 9800 GTX+, 4GIG DDRII, Creative Audigy 2ZS, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, Single Parent, two small children, Kettle, Toaster, Non Functioning Microwave.

Latest Desktop

Beans

15, a viable OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

18, for research.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

19, brown is my favorite color

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Age: 39 & 3/4's (but still feel 25 so no wise cracks about being old. Im at that sensitive age)
    Using Ubuntu for World domination or web surfing. Depends on my mood

I actually use Ubuntu for everything that I used to use Windows for. Gaming, surfing, emailing, spreadsheeting (?), web design, coding, accounts, running businesses, project planning, family tree reasearch, a touch of graphic design, databases, home networking, TV viewing, DVR, movies, and poker and lots more besides. Linux (Ubuntu) is no longer a curio, a test bed for us geeks. "It just works"
    Want an alternative to 99% of Windows applications?
    http://www.osalt.com/

"Dude, real programmers compile" - Plato 428BC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Chronologically, I'm 25, and I use Ubuntu on my main desktop, so it gets used for browsing, email, IRC, torrents, the occasional emulated video game and as my primary media centre. In fact, it gets used for everything I used to do on Windows except for DJing over Shoutcast. I still run a Windows partition on my laptop for that, though, so my desktop can remain clean.
    Desktop: Custom - AMD Athlon X4 Quadcore 4.02GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 500GB HDD, Win7 x64/Ubuntu 14.04 x64
    Laptop: Thinkpad T61 - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, Win7 x86/Ubuntu 14.04 x86

Beans

I am 38 and 3/4 and use Ubuntu for just about everything i use to use windows for :Internet, photo editing, keeping in touch with love one that are in the US, for work as a Comp. Tech. , P2P, you name it i do it with Ubuntu the only thing i just don't get is wine and that is why i don't have my games running on Ubi but still hopping i get it some day. and for Fatality_uk don't fell bad we were born in very good times and life is great no matter at what stage of it were in. im 38 and fell 68 just kidding. if you help me with wine and my games i won't tell a soul your age.
    Thous who can't do teach and thous who can't teach use WinBlows

When running commands in a terminal please make sure you know what they mean and if you don't Google it. IT IS VERY SIMPLE TO DELETE ALL YOUR DATA SO BE CAREFUL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

39 and I use it for surfing, email, news as well as a bit of tinkering and some web design.
    Be very wary of any command with sudo in it. Read this for more information and check this to make sure you do know what you're doing.

Random acts of bloggery | Twitter | Identi.ca

Page 1 of 358 1231151101 ... LastLast