• Young

140 8.82%
  • None of your business

28 1.76%
  • Get off my lawn.

108 6.81%
Page 353 of 358 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3575

Thread: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Age 34, I use Ubuntu for both Office(mostly Word, spreadsheet & presentations) & my home stuff (Music, web, videos, movies)...
    as well as using it for my guitar jams & a little recording,

thatz why i have the Ubuntu Studio 13.04 installed...
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Beans

I am 40 and I use it in the form of asterisk servers and to monitor my various network servers, via Nagios.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs up Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

I am 24 and I am freelance developer and vector artist. I use inkscape on the job. Every thing related to the job plus some extras like watching movies are on my list of things i do in ubuntu. ImLovingIt!

Beans

I'm 43 and use it as my home operating system, teach my kids about computers and to convert friends, family, firms and acquaintances to start using alternate operating systems.
    Very rewarding when they say "And this is free?!" for the umpteenth time!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am 24, and I use it for all my basic computer needs, which include study, work, social media. I then show it off and try to explain it to people what it is. (to some odd reactions sometimes.) Best part, it is free! second best part, it works!
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Cool Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

62 and I use Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Kubuntu for all my personal computing. Been involved with computers since the early 70's and was there when the first IBM AT and XTs were launched. Learned some programming on a ZX Spectrum and then a Commodore 64. Still have my last Commodore Amiga 2000 although have not switched it on for a long time. Dabbled with IBM OS/2 until it died off after OS/2 Warp. I do have a partition on my i7 where I have Windows 7 installed but use it only for games. Prefer RTS style games although I do have a number of FPS style games I play occasionally. Have now created myself a Ubuntu Steam account and will be seriously looking into that. Computers are still my hobby and I am still employed as a IT Support Manager for an airline here in South Africa.

Phill

Beans

My Age is 19, And i use ubuntu for almost everything. Just like what we use windows for.

Beans

I am 62 and I use Ubuntu Server 10.04.02 LTS for home networking,a LAMP server and WordPress site. I use a different distro as a desktop, plus a separate ******* computer loaded with Adobe products. Recently, I started playing with a Raspberry Pi, making fair progress for a newbie so old I have forget something in order to learn something new. Getting brave, and impatient at the time it takes to write to the Pi's SD Card, I resurrected an older, though still decent, computer and loaded Ubuntu Server.

Using CLI's takes me back to DOS-5 and is a learning curve only slightly less frustrating than golf, but the tiniest success makes worthwhile the previous hour of hair pulling and gnashing of teeth. I have joined this forum in the hopes of receiving advice from people who, at some point, were as dense as I feel today!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

AGE 26, use UBUNTU since 2008 for internet, gaming, multimedia, p2p, recovery and backup, and more!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Age 35 started trying out various Ubuntu LIVE distro's since 2010 off and on then just yesterday I decided to take the plunge and turn my old Dell tower from 2007 into a Lubuntu machine as my Windows XP install was acting up and left my fiance's identical tower running Windows XP if I desperately need access to Windows!

Page 353 of 358 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355 ... LastLast