200 12.60%
  • Young

140 8.82%
  • None of your business

28 1.76%
  • Get off my lawn.

108 6.81%
Page 3 of 358 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

I'm 31. And like most posters, I use Ubuntu for work and every thing else.
    I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
    ** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Illidan
    you won't find a single windows installation in the house
    you don't have any windows in your house? Must be dreary with no natural light.lol
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans

i'm 19 and i use ubuntu for media and internet activities ...it's just faster and more suitable for my needs than xp.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am 20 and I use Ubuntu to do 90% of the "normal" day to day activities of a PC. I keep Windows around to play games as I sadly reverted to the joy of games (sad because it wastes my precious free time).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am 16 going on 17 (next month) and I basically use Ubuntu for surfing, development, programming, and manging my server.
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans

I am 70yoa, used Ubuntu since 5oct05. It runs my home office and personal machines for 99% of what I do. I have some old apps that still require a M$ desktop. My HP business laptop IS BEING CLEANED OUT of M$ THIS WEEKEND. Just bought an Asus Eee 4g Surf. It will be getting Xubuntu quickly, the native Xandros OS is from another planet after 2 and 1/2 years of Ubuntu.
    I am a commercial construction supervisor and general contractor. A Lenovo machine runs M$ XP Home, M$ Office 2000, along with Open Office amd Fiirefox, I use Picasa for Ubuntu and M$ XP. I use both a film camera and digital camera for business and pleasure.
    JB

Beans

Im 25 and i started using Ubunttu maybe 4 months ago.. i switched to Ubuntu because i got tired of Microsoft and too take a look at that unknown world (for me) called Linux.
    Of course at first i created a dual-boot with Windows XP (Note: im installed it at work) becuase i wasnt sure if i could make it work so i can do my daily job with it. I'va had the dual boot for about a month... then i realized that i was ready to make the full switch, so i did ....

It all started as a learning process and it changed the way i work, of course i do use Windows on a VirtualBox (10000000 times faster than a real PC) to run some Windows applications... i know... i could use WINE, but, there are only two things that i use on VB...

1- Netsupport Manager (remote control application), there's a Linux Version but it happens to mess things up, even though that ITS the only application that claims to be Linux compatible :S

2- a CRM software that was entirely built on MSAccess database connecting to Oracle (completely stupid, i know, but thats the only thing we have right now....)

I recently was told about Virtual Box seamless mode, it blew me away... its f******* fantastic, the only thing is that i can have compiz enabled with seamless mode, but thats ok, still runs faster than Windows

Soooo, that's my short but growing experience with Linux.

Max Mazzera.

Beans

I just turned 15 and use Ubuntu for my main desktop, development, web server, file server. So thats practically everything!
    Today we have 15 minutes of fame, tomorrow 15 minutes of anonymity.
    My Blog | Veza - Opensource TinyURL clone with sensible URLs

tosk Guest

I'm 22. I use it as a replacement for Windows (email, web, games, movies, web design, software development).

I also have a server that runs Ubuntu. It's a web/mail/file server. Basically an anything-I-want server.
    Last edited by tosk; February 4th, 2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: server info

Beans

I am 58, and live in Melbourne Australia (recently retired from Senior Project Manager role in the ID division of large Australian bank)..
    Three weeks ago built Ubuntu on a dual boot environment with XP as the other OS.
    Hopefully will convert to total Ubuntu when I am able to source XP replacement applications or manage to get Wine to run them.
    The biggest issues I have at the moment are DVD Decrypt / DVD Shrink, and BitTorrent running under Wine (have had a couple of goes to date without success, when time permits will try again). Have also experienced problems with Canon Scanner D1250U2 as no drivers appear to exist.
    Currently use Ubuntu for Internet browsing, email, Open Office applications, and watching documentaries.

Page 3 of 358 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast