200 12.60%
  • Young

140 8.82%
  • None of your business

28 1.76%
  • Get off my lawn.

108 6.81%
Page 2 of 358 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

hehehehe well not a spring chicken but not as old as some those who posted above me

I am 33 (I turn 34 in 9 days ) and I use Ubuntu for everything - surfing, gaming - especially World of Warcraft and Nexuiz, P2P, MSN, maintaining my websites, learning to program..*sigh* we wont go there...digital art for my deviantart page, and I also use it to run nearly every computer in the house - 3 of them out of 4 (although sadly I am using Vista Home Premium on the HTPC as MCE just works with the remote, small case display, etc etc...*sigh* - although I would prefer a Mythbuntu box eventually)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm 26, I use it to keep from being bored. I am always into something new w/ Linux.
    _,-O
    O
    (_)) ubuntu -
    -`-O

Beans

I'm a 28 Swedish male.

I use GNU/Linux for enlightenment (17), what do you use a computer for, e-mails, browsing, writing, customizing it and of course to surf for free prOn.
    Try the beautiful Enlightenment17 distro OzOS. | Easy way to install Enlightenment17 from CVS.
    Thanks Rui Pai for all you work intergrating this beautiful Desktop Shell with Ubuntu.

Beans

I use linux for everything I do anymore. I've actually forgotten how to use windows. Ubuntu in particular...the forums. Always good tips that can be translated into any distro.
    If you are having trouble and need help...or just bored and want somebody to talk to, feel free to message me on any of the IM clients listed in the profile .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

20, I use it for everything but slides. Neither Impress nor Powerpoint are good, but the latter is less bad.

I have to agree with woedend, I'm lost in Windows too.
    May the FOSS be with you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm 19, I've used Ubuntu since 5.04 as my main OS.
    I use my XBox 360 for games, Windows XP MCE as a media center and Ubuntu does the rest.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I am 34 and I use Ubutnu for e-mail and web activities.
    | Gateway DX4710-UB301A | Intel Core2 Quad Q6700@2.66Ghz | OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 160 Gb HDD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD |
    | Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti | Windows 7 Professional x86_64 | Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: What is your age and what do you use ubuntu for?

I am 43 years old. I have been using Ubuntu since 4.10. I used to try and break the system, and I was good at doing that, and I also learned a lot.

I use my System76 laptop, which came preinstalled with Ubuntu, for work mainly. I can access our UNIX system and work on our company system, even remotely if necessary, and I use the internet to search for other vendors where I may be able to purchase parts and pieces.

I email, GIMP, maintain my web server remotely, watch movies, at work we use Streamtuner to tune music of all types, we pay bills online, use Pidgen to IM friends and family. After all that, at the end of the night, when the family is quiet and the neighbors are asleep, I try and take over the world.

Bwa-ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm 21,I use ubuntu for everything I was using XP,surfing,programming,writing,printing,scanning,i nstant messaging,etc..all the things I was doing in XP can be done faster in ubuntu
    Those that can,do.Those that can't,complain!

Your right to speak doesn't include our obligation to take you seriously

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Me and my family are 100% Linux oriented, you won't find a single windows installation in the house, not even a dualboot.

I am 18 years old and I use Ubuntu for everything - games, homework, development, chat, music, what have you..

My 2 sisters use it for the same things, and so does my dad.

Page 2 of 358 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast