Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dohickey: Hey help us with design

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Dohickey: Hey help us with design

Hey all,

I know you guys haven't had any updates for awhile and I'm sorry it's taking a very long time to relize this project in all it's glory. But I believe by the end we'll have a kick *** hardware website and gnome based hardware information tool.

So this is what we need, have a look around this development server:

http://dohickey.parsed.net

Specifically the browse, search and other interesting parts. notice how cool it's all coming together.

Now look at this page:

http://dohickey.parsed.net/cgi-bin/h...ata:st980816as

It's one of the complete Hard Drive entries, but it looks ugly. So ugly that it should hide it's head under a paper router. So please, anyone with a little html and design flare come up with something cool for the data in the above web page. Doing this is an excellent way of helping the ubuntu community because it allows me to work on bugs instead of design.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dohickey: Hey help us with design

wow i must be bad with titles, not only did my thread get no replies, but no one even bothered to click the link to see what the hell was in my message. how sad is that.

I wouldn't mind but it's a awful lot of work to just get snubbed, perhaps I should get a PR agent to talk to the community because I never seem to be able to do it.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Just compile a list of hardware?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMO View Post
    wow i must be bad with titles, not only did my thread get no replies, but no one even bothered to click the link to see what the hell was in my message. how sad is that.

I wouldn't mind but it's a awful lot of work to just get snubbed, perhaps I should get a PR agent to talk to the community because I never seem to be able to do it.
    I wouldn't take it personally; I posted about a project I was working on here a while back, and there were hardly any clicks on the thread itself (about 12 people read it, according to the forums software), let alone the contents. Posted elsewhere, and there were a thousand people downloading within a few hours(!). It's very surprising, considering the traffic these forums must get

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

... but it looks ugly. So ugly that it should hide it's head under a paper router. So please, anyone with a little html and design flare come up with something cool for the data in the above web page. Doing this is an excellent way of helping the ubuntu community because it allows me to work on bugs instead of design.
    Looks just fine to me
    Maybe a bit of color to break the white.
    (The font in the Dohickey banner looks a bit coarse, too)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Good ideas, I shall have to think about it more I think.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Looks good. I would have posted this in the web design forum though.

Beans

[QUOTE=DoctorMO;4247055]Hey all,

I know you guys haven't had any updates for awhile and I'm sorry it's taking a very long time to relize this project in all it's glory. But I believe by the end we'll have a kick *** hardware website and gnome based hardware information tool.

QUOTE]

I have downloaded the .deb file and installed in Klikit-Linux 0.1-8 [beta], with one dependency needing to be corrected to make it work.

I have run the application and submitted a report to the server.

There seem to be a number of errors reported but it is hard for me to decifer what is going on. I can supply the output from a Konsole window, if it would help. Plus I kept a copy of the report on my hard drive but it is also rather unreadable in a word processor.

Hope this is of some help.

Paul
    Paul G. Taylor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    LinuxUser_436483

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I really should release 0.7 version; the 0.6.2 version is just too old these days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I really should release 0.7 version; the 0.6.2 version is just too old these days.
    Goshdarnit do..,lest ye be electronically spanked!
    Approach life & cooking with reckless abandon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast